Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Both my 98 Honda Legends had peeling lacquer on the bonnet. One was dark grey and the other dark blue.
My Burgundy Vauxhall Carlton also had peeling lacquer on the top of the front wings, next to the bonnet.

My dark blue LS has a patch of lacquer on the bonnet that discolours with time, but a few minutes with a polisher and some blue T-cut polish soon sorts that out.
I assumed that all cars had the same issues, not that I'm that bothered about the look of a car.

22 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

I assumed that all cars had the same issues

chatting with my indy a while back he told me that in times past he worked for a paint touching-up / respraying company near to the car import area at Sheerness docks.

Many brand new cars had resprayed areas upon landing .....  and maybe still do ...............  so one's immaculate finish might be the result of some remedial paint job at the docks !  we maybe don't often think of this when buying a brand new " out of the box " car

Malc

On 6/22/2021 at 4:33 PM, shanra said:

Having had front upper control arms, front lower ball joints and front strut bushes replaced and rear suspension arms no.2 also replaced I decided on a four wheel alignment, so I went to Wheels-in-Motion to have it done having heard good things about them. Up on the ramps and find the rear is way out and the first bolt they try and undo breaks off so phone Lexus parts direct £460 for two rear suspension arms no.1 and associated bolts, nuts etc. Amayama £134.09 for arms and nuts, £27 for bolts and cam plates from Germany (Amayama stock arriving too late). Back on the train and back again to pick up (having sent the parts to Wheels-in-Motion) the car is much more stable and corners a lot better it has firmer feel to it which I think is down to the front bushes and one rear arm being substitute parts from a Toyota Century which would be a heavier car all round and the bushes are probably firmer. Found myself drifting up to 90 on the way back and feeling more solid on the road and cornering faster than usual. Drop links had been replaced recently and all roll bar bushes and steering rack bushes done about four years ago.

Good to read how much better it feels. I had the strut bar bushes and bolts replaced the other week and even though Dave only set it up by eye the car immediately felt better. A proper alignment was obviously recommended and I took it to a local place I've used many times. They made an utter hash of it and I've had to book it in at Lexus for Monday to get it sorted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links