Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS450h rear brake service

Ace8800

Hi all, 

Just sold my IS300h and got into a GS450h. So far really enjoying it and amazing power. I knew it would be quick having a RX450h and this being lighter. 

I had it in a Lexus for VHC and they pulled out some issues like play in rear steering rack, one rear shock leaking and rear discs and pads, which luckily for me the car still under warranty (not the brake discs and pads).

What i needed to know is how do i change the rear brake pads and discs with the electronic brake. I have done pads and discs before but not one with a EB. Any advice? Sorry if this topic has been repeated. 

Maj.

After reading that.. its a bit fiddly. i looked for some good pads and discs and they are about £120-£150. Spoke to Lexus and they quoted £235 supplied and fitted. So decided to drop it off to Lexus while they get the rear shock replaced under warranty.

Funny thing is i called another Lexus dealer in the Midlands who quoted £271 just for parts (pads and discs and shim kit). Bit of a silly question @Shahpor but did you discs and pads fitted. They all know me well at my Dealership so maybe threw in a discount. 

Yes, that was the fitted price.

They originally quoted me £335 until I pointed out the price on the Lexus UK website:

image.thumb.png.d17241db039f376119b843a0737980b4.png

They looked it up and then said it would be £295.  Strange thing is that I assumed these prices were the same for all dealers, but it appears that they charge whatever they feel like.

Good deal for you though 🙂

• Like 1

There is certainly some inconsistencies between dealer pricing, but Lexus Reading have always been happy to lower their price if it is more expensive than what is on the UK website.

Shouldn't really have to go to the trouble, but since they are franchised dealers, I suppose they can set whatever cost they like.. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links