Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Mk1 Engine Oil Sensor

chips229

Hi all,i had the oil level symbol light up on the dash the other night,go out and come back on again,i stopped straight away and checked the engine oil level and it was ok,the weathers **** at the moment so i dont fancy getting under the car,i would think the sensor would be on the side of the sump.can anyone give details of where its to and may be a price of a replacement sensor?

Thanks Colin for you help,i did decide to drive down to Lexus at Bristol today and ask how much they would want for a new one......around a £150 :o .

Can anyone also help with sourcing the pipe which cracks around the back of the engine on the mk1 ls 400,think the part number for the pipe is 25601 thats whats on the picture i asked them to print for me,they quote around £100 for it.they say its a long and difficult job to change the pipe the symptons are that mainly it sounds as though the exhaust is blowing around the manifold.The car still runs fine.

• 3 weeks later...

on my Mk1 this pipe appears to be copper or brass, or maybe burnished stainless; whatever it is, it has a 'convoluted section' to allow some flexibility, and it's been braised together (badly) probably to repair a leak. i saw it while they had the heads off to skim them. as the labour to get to it is the largest element, i recon a new one has got to be the best bet.

on my Mk1 this pipe appears to be copper or brass, or maybe burnished stainless; whatever it is, it has a 'convoluted section' to allow some flexibility, and it's been braised together (badly) probably to repair a leak. i saw it while they had the heads off to skim them. as the labour to get to it is the largest element, i recon a new one has got to be the best bet.

thanks for the info greybeard.im saving up to get it done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links