Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus UC/GT 86 is it really coming?

866612.jpg

Seems to be in final development stage and basis is the toyota/subaru GT86.

The 2.4 boxer four will be maintained and teamed up with an electric motor thus creating a hybrid.

Will any of the Forum members be interested in this car? Linas?

• Like 1

Wow, this would certainly be a surprise if it happens!

It would a nice addition to the current line up and depending on cost/performance might be a viable option for some people (Linas included🙂)

As a current twins owner I'm following this quite closely, Toyota is bringing the GR86 to FOS next month. Having said this, however, the hybrid combination is what worries me the most in the Lexus rumoured offering.

I'm absolutely happy to have a CVT in the GS as it's comfort orientated, however this vehicle deserves a more sportier drivetrain.

I will wait to see the official release, who knows maybe the rumours are not right?

One more point to add, I'd be intrigued to see if it could potentially be brought to phase out the RC.

As the GR86 is supposed to start it's pricing at £28k, Lexus would need to start from mid 30's, which brings it very close to the RC300h starting price. And I'm worried that Tetsuya Tada would completely disagree with slinging so much added weight into a lightweight chassis with the hybrid option.