Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

E10 Fuel !! what are your thoughts

DarkoDarko

While some think that fuel lines will be damaged when exposed to ethanol a long time and other think it is a good thing to use it we will hardly be able to do much as governments usually listens only to : nobody!

billede.thumb.png.3c2159b03459ab6953f33bc573298116.png

These countries are currently having E10 in their pumps and so far no mass problems seem to have come out of that.

All cars made after 2005 should have engines that can run on E10 without problem as far as I have read.

Living in Spain I have not yet tried it so if our CT will be good on it is not for me to say. Yet.

We changed from BP to Shell (both super) and the smell of these 2 brands are very different. BP is more pleasant and Shell stink like gasoline did in the "good old days". The engine is running smoother on Shell (can only hear it when parked and the engine is recharging the battery) but every now and then (once in about 10 starts of the engine) starting sounds a bit rough (as if not Battery power on the old king of, same as when on BP but Lexus here tell us that the car is absolutely fine and no problems at all, so we are not too worried about that.

Us with newer cars should according to those who know not be too worried.

Don't worry - Be happy!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

All cars made after 2005 should have engines that can run on E10 without problem as far as I have read.

All Lexus vehicles built (not registered) Oct 2007 onwards sold in Europe are fine for E10 including all CTs.

There are specific IS, GS and LS models built between 2005 and 2007 that cannot use E10, outside of those all vehicles since 1998 are fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IIRC E5 is going to continue to be sold with Super Unleaded standard, so sure it's a little more spendy, but cheaper than fuel line repairs, and might be a good alternative to replacing the whole car!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links