Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattle

After 3 weeks of bliss, my first rattle! :o

It's at head level sounding as though it is coming from the top of the driver's door/window. At first, I thought it was the top of the seatbelt mounting, but I don't think so now.

The only clue I have is that if you drop the window a cm or two, all cured, so only happens with the window fully closed. The seals look good, no obvious obstruction and it does not sound low enough to be coming from the door panels etc. which house the locks and electric window motor. The window is not loose either.

Any thoughts/hints gratefully received before I get the dealer in on it...

Cheers ;)

if its in warrenty just take it back to the dealer, otherwise I'd suggest taking off the door panel and having a look round the door handle area for anything loose. To take off the door panel, there are two screws, one down the handle in the arm rest and one behind the door opening handle (behind a lttle flap). Take these out and pull the cover off from the bottom.

I get a noise from my drivers door, but it sounds like wind noise on mine

it seems to come from the top of the door and again the door seal looks 100%

I got rid of the noise by using some of the rubber lube you can get from Halfords. but it only seemed to make it go away for a few weeks

now i just turn up the stereo :lol: