Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF rear shock

Hi Nick,

I guess it comes down to how much you want to spend.

You could replace both rear shocks with 2011 spec shocks. (Like for like)

I've researched suspension for my 08 ISF if it ever needs doing. The general consensus is the best OEM suspension is on the 2013/2014 MY ISF'S. They do bolt in without major modifications, just a change of the rear bump stops to 2013/2014 bump stops from what I've read, however you might not need it on a 2011, have to double check. But for this you'd have to change all springs and shocks (potentially expensive)

Or you could go aftermarket, there are a few options. some owners state side have decided on the RR-Racing coilover setup. Others have gone swift springs with a damper but can't remember which damper they used. Popular Spring rates are 16k front, 12k rear if my memory serves me right. Tein is mentioned and I think maybe BC. But same again you'd have to change all 4 corners (Prices vary)

On 7/8/2021 at 12:56 PM, 4969_LXS said:

Hi Nick,

I guess it comes down to how much you want to spend.

You could replace both rear shocks with 2011 spec shocks. (Like for like)

I've researched suspension for my 08 ISF if it ever needs doing. The general consensus is the best OEM suspension is on the 2013/2014 MY ISF'S. They do bolt in without major modifications, just a change of the rear bump stops to 2013/2014 bump stops from what I've read, however you might not need it on a 2011, have to double check. But for this you'd have to change all springs and shocks (potentially expensive)

Or you could go aftermarket, there are a few options. some owners state side have decided on the RR-Racing coilover setup. Others have gone swift springs with a damper but can't remember which damper they used. Popular Spring rates are 16k front, 12k rear if my memory serves me right. Tein is mentioned and I think maybe BC. But same again you'd have to change all 4 corners (Prices vary)

Im on BC Racing, but went with 14k front 10k rear and that still quite firm for uk roads

• Like 1

• 2 months later...