Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Learned 2 things today.

Las Palmas

Hi to you all,

I learned 2 things today (meaning the day is not totally wasted); one good and one not good at all.

In order not to end pessimist I start with the not so good thing:

EU car producers have been fined 875000000€:

Audi, Daimler, BMW, VW & Porsche knew in 2009 how to reduce pollution from diesel engines and instead of competing with the knowledge in order to reduce pollution, they agreed to keep their secret  -  secret. The deal was to: not reduce dangerous particles from diesel engines more than demanded by the EU. Probably to save money researching and to have more profit.

They car makers kept up “the good work” till 2014.

What made Daimler break up the cooperation I do not know?  They are the only company not paying any fine because they informed Margrethe Vestager about the thing.

https://www.dw.com/en/european-commission-finds-german-automakers-illegally-colluded-on-emissions-technology/a-48218578

Now the good thing that I expect some or many of you know already:

We can download free updates to our navigations system (some of us, maybe and maybe not all of us) on the web site:

https://www.lexus.eu/owners/

sign in to My Lexus on the link Owners and find the country to sign in to (I tried for fun UK but when entering my license plate details they redirected me to Spain). I signed in and ended up where I could get something “FOR FREE” from Lexus:

billede.thumb.png.e87249eb04e2753efe60fa5935e88d77.png

Updates from 2021 – 2099:

billede.thumb.png.1b7abc632b11151b085d5226b61d7bae.png  

Still have not installed it in the car, but will later today.

These files were downloaded and unzipped:

billede.thumb.png.ae4c96d492f6ae570eaeb902f35a7dea.png

These files contain a variety of information types, maps, points of interest, multimedia, voice samples, etc.

The strange thing is that all but one is exactly same size.

While this may be well known to you, I have not seen that mentioned in the forum, but have of course not been everywhere.

• Like 3

AFAIK it's not for all models:

"The new multimedia software upgrade* includes smartphone integration for your ES, NX or UX.
Contact your nearest Lexus retailer to check whether the software upgrade is available for your car."

On 7/9/2021 at 12:26 PM, Zotto said:

AFAIK it's not for all models:

"The new multimedia software upgrade* includes smartphone integration for your ES, NX or UX.
Contact your nearest Lexus retailer to check whether the software upgrade is available for your car."

Tried to update the nav. with the free update for CT and a lot of other models.

Got the message: Update cannot install.

So much tor the free update: https://www.lexusauto.es/my-lexus/store/product-details?productId=5CB68943-AEE1-453C-94C5-E14110FBBA6D

for the GX, IS, ES, CT, NX, RCF, RC, GS and LS

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links