Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2021 NX Premium Sports Edition...

Hi All

I've been offered what seems a great deal to upgrade by now 4 year old NX to a brand new 2021 NX Premium Sports Edition.

Deposit of £1.5K and the same monthly payments as now.

Daft not to - right?

As well as better navigation (10.3 screen and ACP) - what else will make it better than my current one?  Has much else changed in the drive/ride department?

TIA

10 hours ago, mx300hdave said:

As well as better navigation (10.3 screen and ACP) - what else will make it better than my current one?  Has much else changed in the drive/ride department?

The biggest change came with the facelift at the end of 2017 for the MY2018 models. That improved the ride and cornering with revised suspension and the hybrid system is also more refined. Most people that have driven both state the newer one is also quieter. There are styling changes inside and out, and some new switchgear.

Each year then has since minor changes, mainly to spec or colour choices. MY2021 brought in a few minor upgrades to the safety features.

Interesting name for the seat material: Tahara (man-made).

Here in Germany, as everywhere else I guess, they offer special „last edition“ models in preparation for the the new models arrival. Keeping the car mileage lower as expected during the pandemic, I decided to stay with my July 2017 NX. It’s certainly true that Lexus refines each model during production but I rather wait for the 2022 NX. 

15 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

The biggest change came with the facelift at the end of 2017 for the MY2018 models. That improved the ride and cornering with revised suspension and the hybrid system is also more refined. Most people that have driven both state the newer one is also quieter. There are styling changes inside and out, and some new switchgear.

Each year then has since minor changes, mainly to spec or colour choices. MY2021 brought in a few minor upgrades to the safety features.

Cheers Colin

3 hours ago, paulrnx said:

When do we think the last current model NX vehicles will be being sold?

If the changeover occurs as a normal yearly change then the end of August would be the time the old ones are manufactured - so arriving in the UK at the end of Sept/Oct. It might be slightly early if there is a lot of retooling required to the manufacturing lines.

But there will be a few unregistered showroom vehicles around which means a series I could be sold and registered after the series II arrives.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2021 at 10:33 AM, mx300hdave said:

Hi All

I've been offered what seems a great deal to upgrade by now 4 year old NX to a brand new 2021 NX Premium Sports Edition.

Deposit of £1.5K and the same monthly payments as now.

Daft not to - right?

TIA

I’ve just been offered a brand new NX Takumi, with no additional deposit for the same as I’m paying now for a three year old NX Luxury with 20k miles. That’s an astonishing deal but;

- I like my current NX;

- I’d have to pay the extra £500 per year road tax as it would be almost £50k list price, and;

- I’m just not sure I want another PCP, especially with the ‘Relax’ warranty now in place (my car had its three year service and MOT in June).

Even so, my resolve is weakening!

I've not been tracking used NX prices, are they going up like many other vehicles at the moment? New sales of the NX have been holding up well, although they could start to drop now the new model has been announced. 

5 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I've not been tracking used NX prices, are they going up like many other vehicles at the moment? New sales of the NX have been holding up well, although they could start to drop now the new model has been announced. 

It’s not possible to buy an approved used NX with the same mileage and age as the one I bought last July. They are all more expensive. I’d say they have gone up.

11 hours ago, paulrnx said:

It’s not possible to buy an approved used NX with the same mileage and age as the one I bought last July. They are all more expensive. I’d say they have gone up.

My 2018 NX Luxury with 23,000 miles seems to be being valued at £25,750 as a trade in, which is almost unbelievable albeit it is clearly being overvalued as part of the swap deal. Even so, What Car? shows the NX as an SUV that really retains value, with 56-57% residual retention after three years. RX is also strong at 55% and the cheaper UX models at 57-60%! No doubt in my mind that people are uncertain about what the future holds and are choosing not to change right now, leading to a lack of good used stock and thus offered prices rising in an attempt to drive new car sales.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was offered £29,000 trade in value on my 2018 RX450H Sport with 16,000 miles on the clock and in “as new” condition. Quite a few models in similar condition on sale at from £33,000 +. Didn’t bother with the offer as they wouldn’t include a jar of Vaseline.

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2021 at 2:52 PM, ColinBarber said:

JUst bought 2019 NX300 Andy the value has held up very well . We had to pay a lot to get it . They seem To holding their value, even my IS300 which imtrafed In has Helsinki its value . Before that had Jag XF , loved. IT but lost a fortune on it over 4 years. 

I’ve also been offered a Premium Sports Edition with pan roof for £100 per month LESS than I’m paying now for my three year-old Luxury with a similar final payment. 

The only thing really stopping me is that ideally I don’t want to take out another finance agreement - I’d rather own my NX in a few months (I’ll pay the final balloon payment). Even so, the deals are very, VERY strong if you’re happy with the current NX as I am, and fear the price of the new one will be too high at least for the first couple of years.

TBH, if they reduced the monthly price of the Takumi option just a little bit more then I’d be seriously tempted…I sort of hope they don’t try too much harder!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have been offered a deal for a NEW NX in Sonic Titanium (delivery end of September) with Panroof for 33,800 GBP including dealer deposit of 2,500 GBP and wonder what quotes have other's got?

I am tempted but wonder if I should wait for the new model but not sure  how much would it cost for the same specs.....

I imagine the dealers are trying to reduce their stock of the current NX before the new version hits the showrooms later this year, so are offering some very attractive deals on it.

I haven't been contacted by my local dealer in this regard yet but no matter how tempting the offer might be, I'm going to wait for the new model to become available anyway.

1 hour ago, Andy B said:

I imagine the dealers are trying to reduce their stock of the current NX before the new version hits the showrooms later this year, so are offering some very attractive deals on it.

I haven't been contacted by my local dealer in this regard yet but no matter how tempting the offer might be, I'm going to wait for the new model to become available anyway.

^^ Without confirmed prices, I was told that the new NX is likely to START at close to £50k list with the plug-in version closer to £60k. We will have to see how accurate those prices are, but I wouldn’t be surprised tbh.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Ken R said:

I'd expect the new NX to start at just below £40k with the PHEV c£50k if it is to be competitive. 

As I said, my understanding from speaking to the dealer is that it’s going to be considerably more expensive than that, and than the current NX. Prices will inevitably soften after the launch and discounts will then make it more affordable. Hopefully. 

11 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

^^ Without confirmed prices, I was told that the new NX is likely to START at close to £50k list with the plug-in version closer to £60k. We will have to see how accurate those prices are, but I wouldn’t be surprised tbh.

so - after carwowing a bit -  more expensive than the RX?

it doesn't make sense

• Like 1

Some good finance deals on offer by the sound of it. Don’t forget the total cost to pay though. This often gets hidden amongst the “same monthly payments” highlight. Many won’t be bothered but it’s always worth bearing in mind. 

• Like 1

Second hand values have gone UP weirdly (my wife and son's 2yr old cars and have 2k equity on them already), so now is a good time to trade it in, if you're planning a new car on pcp. The NX will be replaced at the end of the year (stock/build dependant) but will likely be over 40k for the same specs as the current car. You will get a new model, better economy and power, and a safer one too, but i'd guess PCP will be about £100-£150 dearer/month as such good discounts at the moment. Plus the dreaded luxury road tax will kick in, which will negate the fuel economy benefits. Either way, you'll get a fine car.