Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for knowledgeable people regarding 2001-2003 LS430 Navi systems, and/Grom VLine VL2 knowledge.

Hi guys, I’m reaching out because I’m in a bit of a dilemma. After some research, I’ve seen people install the Grom VL2 to their LS430s, mostly across the pond in the states. It’s a nice solution that adds CarPlay/Android Auto while using the original interface. I even have narrowed it down to the exact part number LEX3LVL2. 

Good news is GromAudio have a UK website, bad news is they only offer the previously mentioned version in the US. Instead Grom UK have a product listed as LEX3VL2 which is compatible with similar years of GS, RX, and even the 01-03 Prius, yet the compatibility chart lists the 00 (01MY)-03 LS430 non compatible, while 04-06 use the newer LEX4VL2 (same with Prius and RX, but not the GS). 

So onto my question, is the touchscreen just a common part across various cars? Do the stereos have a similar setup in terms of connectors? Or am I stuck because of the flagship nature of the LS?

I’m going to contact Grom as well and see if they are able to help, and update as I go along with this project.

Here’s the link to the compatibility chart

I know nothing about the navigations system in the Lexus from around 2000,

But I do remember the first navigations system that was functioning was factory Becker in MB cars and though they were a pain to insert addresses in (just like in the 2016 CT) they always found the direction (not like the navigations system in the 2016 CT).

According to the link you have here it seems that you could be lucky.

Lexus has never been first in infotainment and their navigations system is not really smart. That Google is better there is no secret.

Please inform about the contact with Grom as doing something to make navigation easier in the Lexus OEM monitor is a wish for more than a few of us, I believe. Updating the maps from Lexus cost a fortune and the interface with the navigation is a pain.

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2021 at 11:54 AM, ciao_chao said:

Hi guys, I’m reaching out because I’m in a bit of a dilemma. After some research, I’ve seen people install the Grom VL2 to their LS430s, mostly across the pond in the states. It’s a nice solution that adds CarPlay/Android Auto while using the original interface. I even have narrowed it down to the exact part number LEX3LVL2. 

Good news is GromAudio have a UK website, bad news is they only offer the previously mentioned version in the US. Instead Grom UK have a product listed as LEX3VL2 which is compatible with similar years of GS, RX, and even the 01-03 Prius, yet the compatibility chart lists the 00 (01MY)-03 LS430 non compatible, while 04-06 use the newer LEX4VL2 (same with Prius and RX, but not the GS). 

So onto my question, is the touchscreen just a common part across various cars? Do the stereos have a similar setup in terms of connectors? Or am I stuck because of the flagship nature of the LS?

I’m going to contact Grom as well and see if they are able to help, and update as I go along with this project.

Here’s the link to the compatibility chart

How are you getting on? Have you made any progress yet? I have just bought a 2002 LS430 Navi and want to update the ICE ideally to carplay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 12:51 PM, Emeye said:

How are you getting on? Have you made any progress yet? I have just bought a 2002 LS430 Navi and want to update the ICE ideally to carplay.

Hey, unfortunately the project is on hold, I have had a lot going on suddenly, on top of that need to figure out a cold misfire issue which has started happening first. Sorry to disappoint you. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links