Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Britprius - John Bloor

RIP Britprius, feels like yesterday when I seek his advise on GS450h shocks. Sold the car today and came back to delete the ad and saw the name on notice board. 

Thank you and you will be missed. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you all who contributed.

I have now collected all the comments and will send them to Carol his widow.

Please fell free to add more tributes if you wish but they will not get passed on.

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 12:23 PM, OldTrout said:

Members of the LOC will be familiar with the many many really helpful posts (>2200) made by Britprius. He died suddenly and unexpectedly of a massive heart attack in March. His widow Carol has been unable to get into his computer email or LOC accounts and has asked me if I will let his many on-line friends in the LOC know.

He was a great inspiration to me from when I first bought my GS450h and joined the LOC. Having done very little vehicle maintenance for 20 years John encouraged me to have a go. I did. My car is serviced on the Britprius plan, has the Britprius tyres and reclaimed TPMS sensors, and soon will have a Britprius exhaust. If it had Britprius dampers I would be hundreds of £ richer. He was a mine of information and a huge contributor to this forum. His clear explanations of the hybrid drive system in particular answered many of the queries that are posted here. His skills covered not just the mechanical components but electronics and computing and even chemistry. I read his explanation of modern 12v batteries only yesterday. He was multi-talented. He shared his expertise freely on the forum and many of us have benefitted.

I was fortunate to meet John at his house in Wigmore in Herefordshire when we shared a cuppa and some tales. My favourite Britprius tale is about the notorious Gen 3 GS450h dampers. John's car was being MOTed and the tester said he could not pass the car because of "that funny thing on the dampers". The "funny things" were John's mod to stop the dampers leaking. The car passed.

We miss you John.

If members would like to reply this post telling how John helped them - new understanding, £s saved, etc. - I will gather the replies together at the end of August and send them to his widow.

I am devastated, I wondered why I hadn't heard back from him!

Over the past few years he helped me a lot (we helped eachother), a very thoughtfull person too. I could always anytime bounce ideas & thoughts over with him & we had a few giggles along the way.

Probably one of the UK's finest & kindest minds lost, a very sad loss to us all, however a lot of us have gained a lot from John's help & fabulous ideas he leaves a great legacy for us all to uphold.

Thankyou so very much John. Rest in peace old friend & keep an eye on us all from wherever you are we will miss you !!!!

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

OMG!!!

I first received help from John when I was on the PriusChat forums, like here John was a great help and a massive wealth of knowledge.

He has helped me with some Lexus issues as well and I for one will miss his knowledge and input. i've only just seen this hence the somewhat late comment. May he rest in piece 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So Sorry to hear this... I joined today to try and speak to him regarding the modifications he had done to stop the beath rattle on his GS450h 😞 Does anyone know if anyone else did this modification?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links