Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen Advice Needed

Hi,

I am worried that one day I will come back to my IS200SE and find my windscreen smashed (kids in local area). And if this were to happen, I do not want to claim on my insurance as this would push up my premium to unacceptable levels. How would I get it repaired with a Genuine Lexus security glass without incurring delay? Thanks in advance. :)

Aren't you fully comp then?

If you were most policies would cover you for the windscreen replacement for a fee of £50......but failing that most autoglass co's would do it,if they have one in stock,and they're not cheap £300 plus i think.

Aren't you fully comp then?

If you were most policies would cover you for the windscreen replacement for a fee of £50......but failing that most autoglass co's would do it,if they have one in stock,and they're not cheap £300 plus i think.

Ah, so claiming off the insurance would be the best option (£300+ :huh: ). So what would happen if ur Window was smashed while u were at say the cinema - would you report it to the police first, or contact the insurance company when you got back home?

If you are fully comp then a winscreen would cost you 50-60 ish

It does not usually count towards any no claims discount you might have............ie most(if not all) insurance co's wont penaliseyou.

Please double check with your insurer befor hitting your windscreen :)..........dont punch it either.............it will break not only your windscreen (i know) :ph34r:

My windscreen devloped a crack about two weeks ago, rung up my insurers paid

the policy excess of £50 and autoglass came out two days later and fitted a lexus screen, the guy frm autoglass said including the new rubber it sits on was very near to £400 and he said that doesnt include labour. and it didnt affect my no-claims.

I had a new windscreen fitted just before the new year. Im insured with Lexus and my excess was £50. This did not affect my NCB or premuim. I did notice that the Autoglass invoice I signed said that the screeen was £649 fitted...

Out of interest did anyone notice any increased wind noise from around the screen after fitting the new one ?

A mate had one done and now has noticed an increase in noise around the top of the screen between 60 and 70 - yet we can't see anything amiss ...

• 2 years later...

Hi

My winscreen had a stone chip crack about 8 inches on the passenger side!

RAC Autoglass came out and the guy pointed out that the Front screen on mine is Heated and the one he had wasnt!

So now I need to re book to get this done!

Its £60 excess and WILL NOT affect your insurance as it is an allowed claim due to safety reasons!