Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GB sticker

Philocrates

Hi there, having just bought my Lexus CT200h, I am driving down to southern France next Thursday.  I need to place a GB sticker on the rear of the car and was hoping a magnetic one would work but it doesn’t as I assume the rear end boot area is aluminium.  I don’t like the idea of sticking something on the bodywork but will need to do it.  Can anyone, from experience, recommend the least damaging of stickers ?  Thank you 

Hi, is the ct200h boot aluminium? 

It looks as though a preference for non magnetic material would be to use an electrostatic GB sticker for rear glass that would be removable. 

You would need to check if putting in window comply with EU law, it looks like it does

1 hour ago, BoutTime said:

I do know that the GB signs are being replaced by UK signs in acknowledgment of Northern Ireland. Not sure when this is happening.

Ricky, I did not think that GB signs on their own were having to be replaced.

I thought that GB signs when included with EU signs (as many have been) meant the entire registration plate having to be replaced as GB was no longer wIthin the EU.

Where replacement was necessary then UK was being introduced.

Am I wrong ?

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Ricky, I did not think that GB signs on their own were having to be replaced.

I thought that GB signs when included with EU signs (as many have been) meant the entire registration plate having to be replaced as GB was no longer wIthin the EU.

Where replacement was necessary then UK was being introduced.

Am I wrong ?

I'm just going by what I've read here John amongst other websites.....

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/gb-car-sticker-to-be-replaced-by-new-uk-version/

• Thanks 1

aha            BUT do you think anyone has told the gendarmes and border force police and that they will worry about such a challenging crime of non compliance with a " sticker " of such gargantuan significant proportions when faced with beligerent United Kingdom travellers ☠️

rather than concerning themselves with the non GB or UK stickered migrants in death defying travel crossing the English channel

Malc

59 minutes ago, Malc said:

aha            BUT do you think anyone has told the gendarmes and border force police and that they will worry about such a challenging crime of non compliance with a " sticker " of such gargantuan significant proportions when faced with beligerent United Kingdom travellers ☠️

rather than concerning themselves with the non GB or UK stickered migrants in death defying travel crossing the English channel

Malc

I`m sure that the French will delight in accosting us UK drivers if we display GB AND EU together.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, peniole said:

I used to use

I still have this one on my rear numberplate ...... is it in compliance with the EU truth police requirements though ?

Malc

Here's a summary of the rules: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tips-advice/106045/driving-europe-after-brexit-what-are-new-rules

Your number plate can't have the EU stars on it, if it does you need the black and white GB oval for the time being.

The sticker on the license plate either has to have only GB on it, or GB with the union jack, that is until Sep 28th where UK replaces GB.

thankfully I hadn't thought to travel thru' France or europe until at least next spring / summer ...  by then we'll all be extra penalised for Boris not coughing up the extra £5bn that Macron et al NEED to balance the books now that we have left them in the lurch having to pay for the " largesse " of the eu civil servants salaries and future-proofed pensions .....  and increases in coffee break cost 

let's wait and see ..............  unless the French fishing fleet block the eurotunnel somehow AND the Calais ferry station ........... :unsure:

Malc

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1