Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Relax Extended Warranty

My wife NX been to Lexus Milton Keynes today, and they informed me about the Lexus Relax extended warranty you get with every Lexus service.  Covers the car for 12months or 10k miles.  

I currently pay for the extended warranty on my RX , and have been told that after its service on monday, the Lexus Relax policy will kick in and I will be refunded the costs for ongoing extended warranty charges.  

Was not aware of this Relax Warranty with services before and thought i would post in case anyone else currently pays for extended warranty or considering getting it.  

Great service from Milton Keynes Lexus by the way.  Small mix up with booking both cars for service, but they have dealt with it well.  

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/warranty/lexus-relax/#rewarding-loyalty

Paul...........Others have been told they can retain their Extended Warranty. No one has reported that what you have said will happen to them.

I`d seek immediate clarification from M.K. if I were you as the current Extended Warranty is VASTLY SUPERIOR to the Relax Warranty.

Many of us have chosen to keep our Extended Warranties until they expire in 2021/2/3/4.

Do let us all know how you get on.

• Like 2

Have you been living on Mars for the last two months Paul? These forums have been awash with talk of Lexus Relax and just how inferior it is to the normal extended warranty that we've all been used to.

And that information they gave you is incorrect. I have a 'traditional' extended warranty in place that covers me until March 2024 and I have it in writing that it can indeed stand, which I am indeed going to allow it to do.

The Relax scheme doesn't cover such things as multimedia head units, lights, or shock absorbers, all of which were or are covered under the traditional extended warranty. Members of these forums have had head units replaced (£3,000 plus), headlamp sealed units (£1,000 +/-) and shocks replaced previously but Relax doesn't cover these now.

EDIT TO INCLUDE SCREENSHOT:

This is from the Lexus official Facebook page:

2021-06-05.thumb.png.b9e9c8308b11aa51f490f1ac8756a518.png

Herbie, not been on any forums for a long while I'm afraid, so no i had not seen any of the comments on this.  First I heard of it was today.

Thanks for head up on the differences in cover, i will check what they tell me on Monday. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Fear ye not Paul, our Herbie  is a most mild and inoffensive beast!

Just keep your Head down when driving in or around Preston as he`s not been the same since the Passing of Sir Thomas Finney 😉😉😉

I do know who Tom Finney is but to be honest I'm one of those strange males who cannot abide football.

The roles are reversed in our household. When my wife is watching footie on the telly, I'm in the other half of the room with my headphones on going down the YouTube rabbit hole, usually (though not exclusively) watching music videos. I also act as chauffer when she and her mates are going to the club to watch the bigger matches, so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow :laughing:

• Like 2

Herbie, have you watched the Tennessee Blue Grass Band playing/singing Fraulein ?

Paradoxically it`s a new refreshing display of an old style of playing.

I cannot abide all of the media hype and claptrap over our 3rd rate team having got to  a final that no-one knows or cares, who won it 8 year ago. I just watch the game on mute.

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Herbie, have you watched the Tennessee Blue Grass Band playing/singing Fraulein ?

No, but I'll make a point of doing that tomorrow John, cheers.

• Like 1