Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cruise Control

When I picked up my UX (69 plate) in May the cruise control increased in 1mph increments. I have since accidently changed it to 5mph increments. Does anyone know if I can change it back, the salesman says "No"

Otherwise, very happy with the car. We have done about 2K miles including 800 miles at motorway speeds and it is doing over 53 mpg in normal driving mode.

3 minutes ago, Pjonesf1 said:

When I picked up my UX (69 plate) in May the cruise control increased in 1mph increments. I have since accidently changed it to 5mph increments. Does anyone know if I can change it back, the salesman says "No"

Otherwise, very happy with the car. We have done about 2K miles including 800 miles at motorway speeds and it is doing over 53 mpg in normal driving mode.

5mph increments means that Radar Cruise Control is active. If you turn that off and go back to 'normal' Cruise Control then you get the 1mph increments back again.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I do not know the answer Phil, (but I`ve just seen that Herbie does) and once again one cannot trust what a Salesman says.😉

If a salesman says its raining go outside and have a look just to see if they were correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe the system is the same as in the current NX:

Short press of the button at the end of the cruise control stalk switches radar cruise control on. Increases/decreases in 5mph increments
Long press of the same switches conventional cruise control. Increases/decreases in 1mph increment

You cannot switch from one mode directly to the other: you have to switch the system off and start again.