Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice on CT200

Wings

Looking to move from my much loved Jaguar xf to a smaller car, been contemplating a CT for some time but don't know much about them so wanted some general advice especially about the Battery and what to look out for when buying a used one as I my case a 2014 plate.

Thanks.

Not much to look out for really. The hybrid Battery isn't an issue - I cannot remember a single CT owner here having an issue with that. Check the brake discs aren't corroded as hybrids don't tend to use the mechanical brakes as much and can therefore start to corrode, especially on the rear.

Worth test driving one to make sure you like the hybrid system - it takes a little getting use to and not everyone likes it and the CT lacks a bit of power if you are use to something bigger.

• Like 2

200h 1.8 advance is the one I'm looking at, even though the jag is 2.2 it does have decent power but I don't do a lot of mileage, my problem is I've always had big cars with plenty of room, comfort and power so don't really want to compromise on too much plus being a poor pensioner I'm looking at economy.

2 hours ago, Wings said:

Looking to move from my much loved Jaguar xf to a smaller car, been contemplating a CT for some time but don't know much about them so wanted some general advice especially about the battery and what to look out for when buying a used one as I my case a 2014 plate.

Thanks.

I also moved from an XF to a CT. After pouring money into the XF for over 3 years I wanted something reliable that was good on fuel. Initially I was after an IS300h but was sold on the CTs fuel consumption. Now my wife has a 1.6 diesel Golf I'm thinking of either an IS, NX or an ES in the next 6-12 months. I had an NX courtesy car this week and the whole family wanted to keep it!

Personally I love my CT. Great on fuel, well built, handles well and it's very smooth and quiet when driven sensibly.

Servicing costs at a main dealer are reasonable and the customer service is fantastic. You now get 12 months warranty free with every service too.

I went for an Advance Plus as it had a decent spec for the price and I like the exterior styling too. I felt it gave the most bang for the buck. Newer CTs have better safety kit as standard but they also actually cost money to tax where as pre-March 2017 don't (check I've got that date right).

I would strongly recommend buying from. Lexus main dealer and make sure servicing is all as it should be. Hybrid system checks are included in all services and Lexus give the Hybrid system an extra 12 months warranty each time. So you have piece of mind there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wings said:

Looking to move from my much loved Jaguar xf to a smaller car, been contemplating a CT for some time but don't know much about them so wanted some general advice especially about the battery and what to look out for when buying a used one as I my case a 2014 plate.

Thanks.

Take a lengthy test drive and buy from a Lexus Dealer. Ignore any adverse criticism unless it is from  a Lexus owner.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

CT is a great car. Drives well and is comfortable. Some get great mileage and some not so much. Bringing us happy from A to B and we enjoy the silence of the car.

It could however benefit from being a bit more frugal especially in  and around the area of the Balearics, it has been said.🤣🤣

• Haha 1

I owned a facelift 2014-on CT for a few year. 

Things I loved

A) THE specification/extras. I was fortunate to have the premier spec with upgraded alloys. Particularly impressed with the leather interior and MLevinson sound, it was fantastic. Lights were LED also which were also spot on

B) The fuel consumption when using on the daily commute. It was a case of 50 percent of the journey moving, and 50 percent sitting in traffic. The CT200 hybrids love being stuck in traffic. 

C) The reliability: no issues with the car whatsoever and servicing at the dealer second to none. 

D) I found the car very cheap to run with limited time at the fuel pumps. I found on long motorway journeys it would average between 44 and 47mpg, although this was not as good as a diesel it made up on the short trips which is generally a high percentage of most peoples journeys. economy was better on the shorter stop start trips

Things that sometimes bothered me. 

a) Engine power,: although 80-90 percent of the time the engine is sufficient, I had the odd occasion when attempting overtaking at over 70 where it felt underpowered. These were normally on inclines really. That said I had previously been used to driving torquey diesels for 5 year. 

b) The ride quality on rural/bad roads... I found the suspension quite harsh at times but only on back roads/bad roads, the other half felt the same. that said the car handled superbly and found it could corner like a go kart on sweeping bends. 

These were my experiences on time of ownership

• Like 3

I went from a Abarth 500 (modified) and the only thing I miss is the get up and go, If your used to putting your foot down to get out of sticky situations forget it as the CT just makes a lot of noise and moves slowly when you hard accelerate.

I love the drive of the car and the comfort is great, you can do endless miles with ease but the lack of power takes a bit of getting used to if you have come from a powerful car.

Ive had my advance for about 4 months now and I really love it, its a great commuting car and fits my families needs

Cheers Darko

• Like 1

My previous car was a 2.2L Diesel Infiniti. I am very happy with my CT200h. If I was going to be critical it would be:

* The Boot Cover doesn't go over a Waitrose shopping bag

* I wish I had gone for electric/memory seats

The fuel economy is great, last time I checked I'm averaging almost 60 mpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DarkoDarko said:

I went from a Abarth 500 (modified) and the only thing I miss is the get up and go, If your used to putting your foot down to get out of sticky situations forget it as the CT just makes a lot of noise and moves slowly when you hard accelerate.

I love the drive of the car and the comfort is great, you can do endless miles with ease but the lack of power takes a bit of getting used to if you have come from a powerful car.

Ive had my advance for about 4 months now and I really love it, its a great commuting car and fits my families needs

Cheers Darko

While all you inform is correct, the CT has a Sport mode turning the round know to the right. That will give (depending on how much the hybrib Battery is charged) somewhere between 3 and 10 seconds of acceleration that will be enough to get the car feel quite lively.