Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing your lexus at Toyota Main Dealer

Rakip123

With the disappearance of essential care servicing I looked into Toyota service prices and it's considerably cheaper, I haven't seen any recent thread on this but if you already have the extended warranty what's the score with using a Toyota MD to service your lexus?

I knew there would be some kind of catch. Someone had asked on Facebook whether the year warranty was included if you had an essential care service rather than the "normal" service, and the reply was it was included with all services. So now they're taken that option away have they 🤔

I once enquired on the cost of a service plan using a Toyota MD as they were a lot closer to travel to. 

The plan costs were less than Lexus but Toyota said they could not carry out the hybrid Battery health check that had to be done at lexus. 

I priced this and as a standalone it was 59.00. then you would have the hassle of taking it to 2 dealers annually. 

I thought it was strange that they could do the service but not the Battery check (as they do these on Toyota, s anyway) 

I concluded that the reason was to always push the customer to get the appropriate services as the lexus dealerships. 

1 hour ago, cadman2k said:

I once enquired on the cost of a service plan using a Toyota MD as they were a lot closer to travel to. 

The plan costs were less than Lexus but Toyota said they could not carry out the hybrid battery health check that had to be done at lexus. 

I priced this and as a standalone it was 59.00. then you would have the hassle of taking it to 2 dealers annually. 

I thought it was strange that they could do the service but not the battery check (as they do these on Toyota, s anyway) 

I concluded that the reason was to always push the customer to get the appropriate services as the lexus dealerships. 

That's a good point I hadn't thought to ask if the health check was included, atm lexus are 495 for servicing Vs 343 at Toyota however as you say if you have to add back in the cost of the health check there hardly anything in it

Also the other thing is when j mentioned to lexus that I already had the extended warranty so the inflated service costs won't add any additional value he mentioned you could ask for a refund of the remaining months I may ask for that and then just cough up the extra for the service still mulling it over

1 minute ago, Rakip123 said:

Also the other thing is when j mentioned to lexus that I already had the extended warranty so the inflated service costs won't add any additional value he mentioned you could ask for a refund of the remaining months I may ask for that and then just cough up the extra for the service still mulling it over

Keep your existing Extended Warranty until it expires as it is CONSIDERABLY better than the Relax Plan.

Take out a service plan and pay it monthly if you find it difficult paying a lump sum for servicing.

4 minutes ago, Rakip123 said:

Is the main difference the inclusion of breakdown cover and mot Roy?

It`s an exceptional level of breakdown cover Rakip along with an exceptional level of repairs/replacement  for failure of electrical/mechanical items. The Relax option bears no comparison, but I admit it is free.

You pays your money and you makes a choice. Your 2013 model is best kept on the Extended Plan for as long as it can be, is my opinion.

It is becoming apparent that Lexus may offer a new type of Extended Warranty to cover vehicles up to 15 years/150,000 miles for an annual fee. We await more news with anticipation.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

It is becoming apparent that Lexus may offer a new type of Extended Warranty to cover vehicles up to 15 years/150,000 miles for an annual fee. We await more news with anticipation.

Is this something international or UK only?

See towards the end of this thread for what Lexus Reading told me regards Extended Warranty and servicing of cars over 10 years or 100k miles old. Nothing official from Lexus UK yet but Lexus Reading shared this information on the phone with me so check with the Lexus dealer you use to confirm. 

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of really good replies on this topic, Roy is indeed correct the extended warranty does cover far more components than the relax programme, however for me I couldnt get my head around paying the inflated servicing cost having already paid for the extended warranty, I therefore cancelled the extended warranty and received a pro rata refund. I'll go down the relax route for warranty, the next service is a major one and will set me back £460 but is what it is.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links