Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 450h

High peak lexus

Hi all, I've decided to join the forum because I'm interested in getting the Rx 450h in the near future. Currently drive a honda CRV which is utterly reliable and comfortable. However I want something more interesting and luxurious and lexus fits the bill. Hopefully I can pick one up in the classified ads on here from a meticulous owner. Cheers Darryl

22 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Over to you Phil ?

Not for me to say! However, I wanted an RX450h but the limited rear space was what prevented me so I went for the CRV. I'm finding it a real pleasure to drive, and the cargo space with very low floor is excellent, that was another thing against the RX.  Horses for courses, and the Honda isn't a Lexus but I'm really chuffed with it.  

20 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Not for me to say! However, I wanted an RX450h but the limited rear space was what prevented me so I went for the CRV. I'm finding it a real pleasure to drive, and the cargo space with very low floor is excellent, that was another thing against the RX.  Horses for courses, and the Honda isn't a Lexus but I'm really chuffed with it.  

That`s my boy !

Horses for courses indeed.

Would one choose Gina Lollobrigida over Sophia Loren ?

A very good answer my friend .

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Difficult choice but I would have settled for either given the opportunity.  The car choice is easier!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

That`s my boy !

Horses for courses indeed.

A very good answer my friend .

Sadly John, I never fancied either of them, it was Kathy Kirby with the shiny lips for me! Another issue for me was the cost.  What I paid for a 2015 Honda would have only got me a 2009/10 RX with much higher mileage, also Honda parts are much more plentiful being so common and cheaper.  The RX is of course a great vehicle, but years down the line will require deeper pockets.

Talk about putting doubt in my mind lol. Got me thinking now maybe a CRV hybrid instead of the Rx ?. To be fair I've always liked the lexus brand and honda because of the quality they both have. Obviously lexus are more expensive to buy but more luxurious. 

29 minutes ago, High peak lexus said:

Talk about putting doubt in my mind lol. Got me thinking now maybe a CRV hybrid instead of the Rx ?. To be fair I've always liked the lexus brand and honda because of the quality they both have. Obviously lexus are more expensive to buy but more luxurious. 

I was looking at the CRV hybrid just recently, looks very nice! I would try the RX and see how you get on, it's the only way really.

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Sadly John, I never fancied either of them, it was Kathy Kirby with the shiny lips for me! Another issue for me was the cost.  What I paid for a 2015 Honda would have only got me a 2009/10 RX with much higher mileage, also Honda parts are much more plentiful being so common and cheaper.  The RX is of course a great vehicle, but years down the line will require deeper pockets.

Ah, KK second only to Anita Ekberg in my view Sir.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zotto said:

I begin to suspect that age of LOC members is rather high. 😁

How many years have you been a member? Speaking of "members" suggest that you measure endorphins after the trail of some of these comments 🤠

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

How many years have you been a member? Speaking of "members" suggest that you measure endorphins after the trail of some of these comments 🤠

Probably not so many , but just because I owned korean cars before landing to Lexus peace of mind. 😇

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just joined the LOC having purchased my first Lexus last week - an RX400h SE-L - to replace my ageing and tired CR-V. OK, so the boot is smaller but in my case, the test drive sold it. Apart from the boot - no comparison.

The private seller had it MOT'd prior to collection (passed no problem) but having driven it less than 50 miles home, I discovered a locking wheel nut missing! The garage had either not replaced the locking wheel nut or had not tightened it! A safe, roadworthy car was delivered to the garage and an unsafe, un-roadworthy car returned with a full MOT!  Sorry about the moan. I'm just miffed that the car is sat on the drive, unable to be driven. One day ...........

Cheers, Dave.

7 minutes ago, regularguy said:

Hi everyone,

Just joined the LOC having purchased my first Lexus last week - an RX400h SE-L - to replace my ageing and tired CR-V. OK, so the boot is smaller but in my case, the test drive sold it. Apart from the boot - no comparison.

The private seller had it MOT'd prior to collection (passed no problem) but having driven it less than 50 miles home, I discovered a locking wheel nut missing! The garage had either not replaced the locking wheel nut or had not tightened it! A safe, roadworthy car was delivered to the garage and an unsafe, un-roadworthy car returned with a full MOT!  Sorry about the moan. I'm just miffed that the car is sat on the drive, unable to be driven. One day ...........

Cheers, Dave.

Welcome Dave. Hopefully you can enjoy it soon.

Not sure why wheel nuts were touched, they don't touch them during an MOT.