Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Due ( uk only )

I found Direct Line competitive. £525. Alternatively try comparison sites.  NFU wanted £1600 last year and I am 71yrs old full no claims clean licence. 

1 hour ago, Eggie said:

I found Direct Line competitive. £525. Alternatively try comparison sites.  NFU wanted £1600 last year and I am 71yrs old full no claims clean licence. 

£1600.00! Did that include the Massey Ferguson tractor and combine harvester on a multi vehicle policy.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Whites said:

Car insurance due on NX had a quote from Lexus WOW £100 more than other quotes, anyone recommend any

Its only £100 more? Id take the Lexus policy - much more comprehensive and god forbid if something does happen, atleast theyll provide you with a Lexus courtesy car and sort out the repair using Lexus approved bodyshops. I believe you have to pay an additional £250 to use a non approved bodyshop with most insurance companies otherwise and if you do they wont give you a courtesy vehicle

• Like 1

Admiral.
After regaining my license and buying a brand new NX last year, many insurance companies wouldn't touch me as I'd had my new licence 3 weeks.

Lexus said yes, but for £11K!!!!
Admiral gave better conditions, lower excess and only asked for £800

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Is the Lexus priced firmly fixed? Can you not check out price comparison sites then go back to Lexus and tell them “Compare the Lexus.com” are cheaper perhaps?

Just sent them an email to ask 🤞

Just renewed mine with Lancaster Classic car insurance. £160 excess £250.

My present company wanted £280 excess and they were Lancaster Classic car insurance. You couldn't make it up.

• Like 1

If you're going to try with Lancaster, remember to mention any club memberships you have, often get discounts through that. They were expensive this year for my LS430, ended up through one of the comparison sites actually for decent premium/excess/extras package.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...