Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Due ( uk only )

Spoken to Lexus insurance direct gave me a quote of £480 , best quote is from one-call & Saga    which has same cover and includes breakdown £211 , i did challenge them for cheaper quote but all them would do is remove something cannot remember what its called, insurance against getting you no claims discount back if not your fault ? which would save another £70.00 , but been caught out not having this before and was a nightmare, also had a quote from Lancaster where i have my moggie insured and was £579 ?? When i challenged them with the quote from onecall they got it down to £207 , what the Bl???dy hell do these insurers think we are it’s absolutely shambles , the lexus cover is no better i thought you got another lexus when yours went in and you do not , you get a type A small hatch back , so why are you paying more, the other companies also quote using  genuine manufacturers parts as well !

1 hour ago, Whites said:

the other companies also quote using  genuine manufacturers parts as well !

on a modern'ish car that's fine BUT when one's claiming on a fully comp for a body part on say mine, 26 years young ....  new doors are OEM unavailable and the temptation is by insurer to just write her off .......... repairs can often be achieved BUT the insurers have a policy ? it seems of just writing - off for the slightest cause for their ease of dealing with it all especially where an insurers specified repairer repair is simply several times what you and me can get from a local good indy capable of doing a 1st rate repair job anyway

Mine's now Cat N coz of that .......  with a payout too of course :wink3: but not that much in the great scheme of things

Malc

Insurance quotes aren’t valid for too long and prices for cover do fluctuate on a day to day basis so need to make sure you are comparing current quotes from everyone 👍

• Like 1

if you're tempted to stay with your existing insurer ..... a part of the final final deal could be to ask them what other incentives they might offer 

This time around after a little pressure ....  it's a £20 voucher to actually spend at M&S and elsewhere ....  sent by email they say ...  insce was due and paid before 1st August but the voucher hasn't yet arrived .  I'll give 'em a few more days to cough up tho':wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

I’ve been flip-flopping between Churchill, Admiral and Direct Line for the last 7 years or so. I normally manage to get a decent renewal from one of these. I always prefer to stick with a known entity because I want the cover to be worth something when I really need it. I’m not keen on some of the windscreen replacement criteria with insurance now and this will inform my future insurance decisions. I want to be able to have a genuine Lexus screen fitted and from somewhere I trust and not a pattern part from Autoglass etc. A personal choice based on recent experience.

• Thanks 1