Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bonnet struts for LS400 mk4

Hi Keith,

Nice looking last of the line LS400 you have there.

If you want British try 

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/lexus/ls

They also do a re-gas service for around half the price of new ones which I had done and been fine since.

Other options are the usual eBay ones with varying degrees of quality.

I think SGS have been used by members for these to be re-gassed ? in the past  .....  someone else with personal experience of Ls400 bonnet struts will advise I'm sure

I have used them a while ago for re-making of hatch struts for my even then obsolete Mazda 323f ...  excellent service and price at the time

Malc

19 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I bought mine off Fleabay last week, fitted OK but then..........

1D2B0D73-0A08-4544-BAD4-2F77AD3CD8AD.png

are you serious stveve? - i've just ordered some for my LS430 becuase mine are a bit lazy . . . 

I paid £20 on eBay for some, got round to fitting them last week, not sure if genuine but were easy to fit and now the bonnet stays up! 😄 

Much easier to do with two pairs of hands though!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BradLS said:

I paid £20 on ebay for some, got round to fitting them last week, not sure if genuine but were easy to fit and now the bonnet stays up! 😄 

Much easier to do with two pairs of hands though!

They probably were not genuine but that great value and others members have bought eBay ones with no qualms - I have a set on order for my 430.

IIRC Lexus sell them for around £85 each - thats if they are still available !

Just make sure the bonnet is well supported and the prop won’t move, it’s not until you take those old struts off do you realise the weight in those bonnets. Seriously worth getting another person involved just in case.

Never done it myself but have heard that all you have to do is unscrew the part marked with red arrow and pump it up with a fork or suspension pump for bicycles.

If / when I need that myself I would try as finding someone who has a suspension pump should be possible for most of us.

billede.thumb.png.e76185e2204b614a5c4e5e15acf7e2bb.png

8 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Never done it myself but have heard that all you have to do is unscrew the part marked with red arrow and pump it up with a fork or suspension pump for bicycles.

If / when I need that myself I would try as finding someone who has a suspension pump should be possible for most of us.

That would work if it had leaked down over time, but if a seal is blown or the damping is failing, then a new or rebuilt strut is the only way.
I paid £18 delivered for my new struts and at that price I'm not going to even look at the old ones. They have done their 17 years service and have gone on to be recycled. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links