Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Misting GS450h Rear Shock Absorber (2012) F Sport

Ace8800

Hello all,

So the dreaded time has come to consider a options for a rear Shock Absorber for my GS. I was thinking of replacing the suspension completely with some adjustable aftermarket one or a set of coil overs and single NSR SA alone. But not too sure if I want to kill the smoothness of the this beauty or should I go for the factory one. 

Anyway I decided to go with the factory ones. I believe as this was a failing part; Lexus updated this part and gave it a new part number. So I'm reaching out to the people who have this done privately to see if the new part number for this is actually 48530-80756 (30A02). I took a picture of the one from the other side that has been done in the past by Lexus under warranty and its shows as 4853-30A02 (G65W), so does the extra 80756 make a difference and what is the G65W? 

Thanks.

oh and one final thing. . I checked the SA and its very light oil mist.. how long do you think it will last before completely failing?  

3 hours ago, Ace8800 said:

I took a picture of the one from the other side that has been done in the past by Lexus under warranty and its shows as 4853-30A02 (G65W), so does the extra 80756 make a difference and what is the G65W? 

Do you have the warranty work invoice? The part written on the item isn't always a valid orderable part code - it could be a sub-assembly code or oem code. 

3 hours ago, Ace8800 said:

oh and one final thing. . I checked the SA and its very light oil mist.. how long do you think it will last before completely failing?  

Potentially years as misting doesn't always turn into a leak. If you can, I'd wipe them down so you remove all traces, it's easier to then see how quickly it comes back.

• Like 1

Thats a good shout.. i might just do that, give it a wipe and see how long it takes to come back.

I checked the warranty work invoice, its just says replace OSR shock absorber and replace and NSF shock absorber. No item or part numbers. Lexus wont give me the part number (said its policy)

Spoke to Nippon Autos (Derby)and they confirmed the part number is correct for my car. Also managed to get it from the net too.

20210709_114643.jpg

My front shocks have been 'misting' for over a year and a half and are so far showing no signs of getting worse.

As the dealer told me, it is quite common and not something of immediate concern.

I also had a rear shock replaced under warranty recently, so let me check my paperwork when I get home and see if it is listed.

• Thanks 1

Found it!!!.. there was another receipt in the folder i missed, it has the part number for it. 

@Shahpor would be good to see whats written on your receipt, will be the same most likely (48530-80756).