Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Foot well lights on

Drove my new ( 2 years old) NX300 at night for the first time and noticed the Footwell lights are on all the time .

is this normal?  This was not the case on the IS300 . 

Also a little disappointed inn the interior at night , no mood lighting and the illumination on Steering wheel , dash board doors not outstanding. No light behind interior door handles ?? . And the biggest disappointment..... no big puddle lights under each Door mirror !! . Im beginning to realise more and more how Fab my IS300 was ! 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dealkent said:

Drove my new ( 2 years old) NX300 at night for the first time and noticed the Footwell lights are on all the time .

Also a little disappointed inn the interior at night , no mood lighting and the illumination on Steering wheel , dash board doors not outstanding. No light behind interior door handles ?? . And the biggest disappointment..... no big puddle lights under each Door mirror !! . Im beginning to realise more and more how Fab my IS300 was ! 

My NX 300h 2019, has puddle lights and yes the interior footwell lights are always on in the dark (when lights auto-on)...

2 hours ago, Dealkent said:

Also a little disappointed inn the interior at night , no mood lighting and the illumination on Steering wheel , dash board doors not outstanding. No light behind interior door handles ?? . And the biggest disappointment..... no big puddle lights under each Door mirror !!

Probably down to the variant you have now - there have to be some differences between the Luxury, Advance, F-Sport and Premier or whatever the variants are called these days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dealkent said:

My 2018 Luxury definitely has door handles that light up, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have lights under the mirrors - I’ve never noticed anyway!

11 hours ago, Dealkent said:

And the biggest disappointment..... no big puddle lights under each Door mirror !!

The NX has illuminated door handles with puddle lights on the F Sport / Takumi. You also get them on the standard grade with one of the Premium packs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dealkent said:

Yep footlights are always on. 

The lighting is all variant dependent on the exterior.

Even on my old 1994 Celsior/LS400 there are illuminated rings around the door key locks, ignition key and the interior lights illuminate when you lift up the driver’s door handle.

The 2004 model illuminates the mirror lights and interior lights as you approach the car plus it even talks to me in a sensual female Japanese voice when I start the engine, I must pop down to the Toyota factory in Derby to find out what she is saying to me.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the replies 👍🙏

now I know the footwell lights are on at night but I’m disappointed to hear some of you NX ers have big puddles lights I don’t have them , only lights behind the door handles. My IS 300 had the puddle lights and I am surprised that I am paying much more for a newer Lexus and actually getting less in some cases !