Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Cazooooooooo........


Recommended Posts

Greetings from the far North.

Just another old boy looking for a nice RCF.

Not a fan of white or black, does anyone know the story on the orange one at Cazoo?

Fairy young and low mileage, why is it not in a dealer?

Regards

Plasticrat30

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Plasticrat30 said:

Greetings from the far North.

Just another old boy looking for a nice RCF.

Not a fan of white or black, does anyone know the story on the orange one at Cazoo?

Fairy young and low mileage, why is it not in a dealer?

Regards

Plasticrat30

Hi and welcome, I've seen it on Autotrader for a while now. You just need to check the service history to ensure it has been properly serviced. Photo's do not do the colour justice in bright sunshine it looks fab. Just going to do a check on its MOT history if it has one.

Very strange the MOT in March stated 9842 miles but the advert states it done 9400 something has someone been driving it backwards?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I visited the company's web site. Seems like a very honest portrayal of it's condition and dinks. Worth a call, Lexus dealers never want to do a deal even for a straight out purchase so I wouldn't be that worried about it not being dealer.

Might be worth checking which Lexus Centre did the last service and ask them for any info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

I visited the company's web site. Seems like a very honest portrayal of it's condition and dinks. Worth a call, Lexus dealers never want to do a deal even for a straight out purchase so I wouldn't be that worried about it not being dealer.

Might be worth checking which Lexus Centre did the last service and ask them for any info.

And if they reply 'oh yeah you mean the RC F-Sport' - run, run away! 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe not such a bad thing - if they don't know that they are selling, maybe it is and opportunity to negotiate better 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Maybe not such a bad thing - if they don't know that they are selling, maybe it is and opportunity to negotiate better 🙂

I don't think they entertain negotiation/haggling. The price is the price...

"A haggle-free experience
All our cars are competitively and transparently priced and we don’t add on any hidden admin fees. We offer our best price upfront, saving you the hassle of having to haggle."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I don't think they entertain negotiation/haggling. The price is the price...

"A haggle-free experience
All our cars are competitively and transparently priced and we don’t add on any hidden admin fees. We offer our best price upfront, saving you the hassle of having to haggle."

Code for: "We won't budge on the price, so don't bother asking" lol

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Code for: "We won't budge on the price, so don't bother asking" lol

Still, it`s nice to know upfront Billy. Just avoid rather than have one`s hopes dashed ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems its been for sale for a while and the price has been dropping down, so maybe negotiation is possible.

Got this info of Total Car Check….

Last registration change 10th Feb 2020.

Recent sale price……

 

81FECF94-4F4F-4274-8397-540194088528.thumb.png.7f8838ad98701273ba3fd131cfb3b0e1.png

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Despite T&C's or company policies etc, it's always worth asking, especially if it has been up for a while.

Of course it's always worth a try, many a time I've put in a speculative low bid for cars and have struck lucky a few times when you hit the possibility of a low sales quarter for the dealership. Lexus were difficult though despite a cash/direct transfer of funds that day I couldn't get much of a deal but did get £500 off and a bloody insulated mug.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bob King said:

Seems its been for sale for a while and the price has been dropping down, so maybe negotiation is possible.

Got this info of Total Car Check….

Last registration change 10th Feb 2020.

Recent sale price……

 

81FECF94-4F4F-4274-8397-540194088528.thumb.png.7f8838ad98701273ba3fd131cfb3b0e1.png

 

That advert history is a great bit of functionality! Looks like you have to pay for it though 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the price has actually gone up slightly compared to when I first saw it for sale a couple of weeks ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Of course it's always worth a try, many a time I've put in a speculative low bid for cars and have struck lucky a few times when you hit the possibility of a low sales quarter for the dealership. Lexus were difficult though despite a cash/direct transfer of funds that day I couldn't get much of a deal but did get £500 off and a bloody insulated mug.

Unfortunately cash is no longer king. I have head that sales men make more money selling you finance ( and extra insurances) than  they make on the commission of the car. So they are more interested in luring you in to a finance deal. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

19 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Unfortunately cash is no longer king. I have head that sales men make more money selling you finance ( and extra insurances) than  they make on the commission of the car. So they are more interested in luring you in to a finance deal. 

You'll usually get a better deal taking a PCP, phone the lexus finance company within 14 days and terminate the PCP under change of mind of payment method and pay it off in full. 

No interest pow. And retain the discount for taking the PCP in the first place.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arnett said:

No interest pow. And retain the discount for taking the PCP in the first place.

Make sure you get that in writing. When I enquired the stipulation was one had to make at least 3 monthly payments before cancelling or the discount was repayable. Of course one could still cancel within the 'cooling-off' period but any discounts or incentives would then have to be paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Plasticrat30 said:

Oh now I do like the sound of that.

I’m a cash buyer with no part ex but could work nicely with that idea. Thanks Arnett.

That idea young man, followed by some I must add , indicates in my humble opinion a moral compass which heads due south, implying cake and eat it  and does nothing whatsoever to promote confidence in our economic model.

One day you will reap as you sew.

Not my idea of a Lexus driver at all.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Make sure you get that in writing. When I enquired the stipulation was one had to make at least 3 monthly payments before cancelling or the discount was repayable. Of course one could still cancel within the 'cooling-off' period but any discounts or incentives would then have to be paid.

Shouldn't effect discount or anything at all, the pay three months then clear it is what you need to do if you are requesting a settlement figure. 

 

What I've mentioned is just the legal requirement under consumer credit act allowing you to change your method of payment (not to be confused with right to cancel 14 day distance selling regulation)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 10:32 PM, royoftherovers said:

That idea young man, followed by some I must add , indicates in my humble opinion a moral compass which heads due south, implying cake and eat it  and does nothing whatsoever to promote confidence in our economic model.

One day you will reap as you sew.

Not my idea of a Lexus driver at all.

An interesting moral dilemma indeed. Is one colluding with widely adopted practice or taking cynical advantage of a loophole....

I have had several salesmen actively suggest this. I've never taken them up on it, simply because I hate the idea of finance schemes. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 10:32 PM, royoftherovers said:

That idea young man, followed by some I must add , indicates in my humble opinion a moral compass which heads due south, implying cake and eat it  and does nothing whatsoever to promote confidence in our economic model.

One day you will reap as you sew.

Not my idea of a Lexus driver at all.

Perhaps a bit harsh there John.

What if it is the equivalent of a victimless crime?

After all, the salesmen obviously don't mind (I have had a few suggest to me as well) and if the finance company were unduly affected then they could surely make a change to the T&C to add a surcharge - after the initial cooling off period of course - like other financial products?

Ultimately, if it is subsidised by the manufacturer and they are happy with the deal then what's the harm?  Even with the deposit contributions it appears to be in their favour to seller the car otherwise they wouldn't provide it. 

Personally, I don't think I would have much of a moral qualm in doing as suggested if I were in a lucky enough position to be able to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Perhaps a bit harsh there John.

What if it is the equivalent of a victimless crime?

After all, the salesmen obviously don't mind (I have had a few suggest to me as well) and if the finance company were unduly affected then they could surely make a change to the T&C to add a surcharge - after the initial cooling off period of course - like other financial products?

Ultimately, if it is subsidised by the manufacturer and they are happy with the deal then what's the harm?  Even with the deposit contributions it appears to be in their favour to seller the car otherwise they wouldn't provide it. 

Personally, I don't think I would have much of a moral qualm in doing as suggested if I were in a lucky enough position to be able to do so.

You know me (quite) well Shahpor my friend.😊

Such decisions are indeed personal and viewed from within , are fine. Viewed from other perspectives are viewed differently.

A bit like Tax Evasion and Tax Avoidance, me thinks. 

I am still waiting to hear about your new (to you) GS300h. Prices are extremely competitive at the moment and not racing upwards with the crowd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

You know me (quite) well Shahpor my friend.😊

Such decisions are indeed personal and viewed from within , are fine. Viewed from other perspectives are viewed differently.

A bit like Tax Evasion and Tax Avoidance, me thinks. 

I am still waiting to hear about your new (to you) GS300h. Prices are extremely competitive at the moment and not racing upwards with the crowd.

I would hardly say it was similar to tax avoidance/ evasion. Very much a bad comparison.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership