Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cazooooooooo........

Greetings from the far North.

Just another old boy looking for a nice RCF.

Not a fan of white or black, does anyone know the story on the orange one at Cazoo?

Fairy young and low mileage, why is it not in a dealer?

Regards

Plasticrat30

2 hours ago, Plasticrat30 said:

Greetings from the far North.

Just another old boy looking for a nice RCF.

Not a fan of white or black, does anyone know the story on the orange one at Cazoo?

Fairy young and low mileage, why is it not in a dealer?

Regards

Plasticrat30

Hi and welcome, I've seen it on Autotrader for a while now. You just need to check the service history to ensure it has been properly serviced. Photo's do not do the colour justice in bright sunshine it looks fab. Just going to do a check on its MOT history if it has one.

Very strange the MOT in March stated 9842 miles but the advert states it done 9400 something has someone been driving it backwards?

I visited the company's web site. Seems like a very honest portrayal of it's condition and dinks. Worth a call, Lexus dealers never want to do a deal even for a straight out purchase so I wouldn't be that worried about it not being dealer.

Might be worth checking which Lexus Centre did the last service and ask them for any info.

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

I visited the company's web site. Seems like a very honest portrayal of it's condition and dinks. Worth a call, Lexus dealers never want to do a deal even for a straight out purchase so I wouldn't be that worried about it not being dealer.

Might be worth checking which Lexus Centre did the last service and ask them for any info.

And if they reply 'oh yeah you mean the RC F-Sport' - run, run away! 😆

7 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Maybe not such a bad thing - if they don't know that they are selling, maybe it is and opportunity to negotiate better 🙂

I don't think they entertain negotiation/haggling. The price is the price...

"A haggle-free experience
All our cars are competitively and transparently priced and we don’t add on any hidden admin fees. We offer our best price upfront, saving you the hassle of having to haggle."

19 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I don't think they entertain negotiation/haggling. The price is the price...

"A haggle-free experience
All our cars are competitively and transparently priced and we don’t add on any hidden admin fees. We offer our best price upfront, saving you the hassle of having to haggle."

Code for: "We won't budge on the price, so don't bother asking" lol

• Haha 2

Seems its been for sale for a while and the price has been dropping down, so maybe negotiation is possible.

Got this info of Total Car Check….

Last registration change 10th Feb 2020.

Recent sale price……

81FECF94-4F4F-4274-8397-540194088528.thumb.png.7f8838ad98701273ba3fd131cfb3b0e1.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Despite T&C's or company policies etc, it's always worth asking, especially if it has been up for a while.

Of course it's always worth a try, many a time I've put in a speculative low bid for cars and have struck lucky a few times when you hit the possibility of a low sales quarter for the dealership. Lexus were difficult though despite a cash/direct transfer of funds that day I couldn't get much of a deal but did get £500 off and a bloody insulated mug.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bob King said:

Seems its been for sale for a while and the price has been dropping down, so maybe negotiation is possible.

Got this info of Total Car Check….

Last registration change 10th Feb 2020.

Recent sale price……

81FECF94-4F4F-4274-8397-540194088528.thumb.png.7f8838ad98701273ba3fd131cfb3b0e1.png

That advert history is a great bit of functionality! Looks like you have to pay for it though 😞

6 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Of course it's always worth a try, many a time I've put in a speculative low bid for cars and have struck lucky a few times when you hit the possibility of a low sales quarter for the dealership. Lexus were difficult though despite a cash/direct transfer of funds that day I couldn't get much of a deal but did get £500 off and a bloody insulated mug.

Unfortunately cash is no longer king. I have head that sales men make more money selling you finance ( and extra insurances) than  they make on the commission of the car. So they are more interested in luring you in to a finance deal. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Unfortunately cash is no longer king. I have head that sales men make more money selling you finance ( and extra insurances) than  they make on the commission of the car. So they are more interested in luring you in to a finance deal. 

You'll usually get a better deal taking a PCP, phone the lexus finance company within 14 days and terminate the PCP under change of mind of payment method and pay it off in full. 

No interest pow. And retain the discount for taking the PCP in the first place.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arnett said:

No interest pow. And retain the discount for taking the PCP in the first place.

Make sure you get that in writing. When I enquired the stipulation was one had to make at least 3 monthly payments before cancelling or the discount was repayable. Of course one could still cancel within the 'cooling-off' period but any discounts or incentives would then have to be paid.

1 hour ago, Plasticrat30 said:

Oh now I do like the sound of that.

I’m a cash buyer with no part ex but could work nicely with that idea. Thanks Arnett.

That idea young man, followed by some I must add , indicates in my humble opinion a moral compass which heads due south, implying cake and eat it  and does nothing whatsoever to promote confidence in our economic model.

One day you will reap as you sew.

Not my idea of a Lexus driver at all.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Make sure you get that in writing. When I enquired the stipulation was one had to make at least 3 monthly payments before cancelling or the discount was repayable. Of course one could still cancel within the 'cooling-off' period but any discounts or incentives would then have to be paid.

Shouldn't effect discount or anything at all, the pay three months then clear it is what you need to do if you are requesting a settlement figure. 

What I've mentioned is just the legal requirement under consumer credit act allowing you to change your method of payment (not to be confused with right to cancel 14 day distance selling regulation)

On 7/15/2021 at 10:32 PM, royoftherovers said:

That idea young man, followed by some I must add , indicates in my humble opinion a moral compass which heads due south, implying cake and eat it  and does nothing whatsoever to promote confidence in our economic model.

An interesting moral dilemma indeed. Is one colluding with widely adopted practice or taking cynical advantage of a loophole....

I have had several salesmen actively suggest this. I've never taken them up on it, simply because I hate the idea of finance schemes. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 10:32 PM, royoftherovers said:

Perhaps a bit harsh there John.

What if it is the equivalent of a victimless crime?

After all, the salesmen obviously don't mind (I have had a few suggest to me as well) and if the finance company were unduly affected then they could surely make a change to the T&C to add a surcharge - after the initial cooling off period of course - like other financial products?

Ultimately, if it is subsidised by the manufacturer and they are happy with the deal then what's the harm?  Even with the deposit contributions it appears to be in their favour to seller the car otherwise they wouldn't provide it. 

Personally, I don't think I would have much of a moral qualm in doing as suggested if I were in a lucky enough position to be able to do so.

14 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Perhaps a bit harsh there John.

What if it is the equivalent of a victimless crime?

After all, the salesmen obviously don't mind (I have had a few suggest to me as well) and if the finance company were unduly affected then they could surely make a change to the T&C to add a surcharge - after the initial cooling off period of course - like other financial products?

Ultimately, if it is subsidised by the manufacturer and they are happy with the deal then what's the harm?  Even with the deposit contributions it appears to be in their favour to seller the car otherwise they wouldn't provide it. 

Personally, I don't think I would have much of a moral qualm in doing as suggested if I were in a lucky enough position to be able to do so.

You know me (quite) well Shahpor my friend.😊

Such decisions are indeed personal and viewed from within , are fine. Viewed from other perspectives are viewed differently.

A bit like Tax Evasion and Tax Avoidance, me thinks. 

I am still waiting to hear about your new (to you) GS300h. Prices are extremely competitive at the moment and not racing upwards with the crowd.

54 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

You know me (quite) well Shahpor my friend.😊

Such decisions are indeed personal and viewed from within , are fine. Viewed from other perspectives are viewed differently.

A bit like Tax Evasion and Tax Avoidance, me thinks. 

I am still waiting to hear about your new (to you) GS300h. Prices are extremely competitive at the moment and not racing upwards with the crowd.

I would hardly say it was similar to tax avoidance/ evasion. Very much a bad comparison.

• Like 2