Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cazooooooooo........

If the practice left the manufacturer or finance company out of pocket I'm sure the T&Cs would change. Perhaps it's just that not many people take the option

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Hi Sam. What does the "it" refer to in your comment please?

It refers to the utilisation of the right of withdrawal under the consumer credit act to make sure that as the consumer you are eligible for the best offer &/or deal.

Why you needed that to be elaborated on confuses me as to that was the entire statement you based your comment upon. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arnett said:

It refers to the utilisation of the right of withdrawal under the consumer credit act to make sure that as the consumer you are eligible for the best offer &/or deal.

Why you needed that to be elaborated on confuses me as to that was the entire statement you based your comment upon. 

I was referring to the differing perspectives people had on Evasion and Avoidance.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

I was referring to the differing perspectives people had on Evasion and Avoidance.

This is an interesting conversational trail to follow! From a personal perspective I view all taxation as theft 😕. And it is your duty to yourself and family to minimise the impact by managing all legal avenues ie avoidance. If you do not concur ask yourself how many people you know have given up their 12.5k tax free allowance or ISA's or Premium Bonds? Before you adopt a particular stance - reap as you sew 🤔 I presume you mean being stitched up with a PCP deal? This method of financing is a huge time bomb waiting to explode with unknown consequences for not only the car industry but the economy as a whole. Look up the numbers they are truly astonishing. UK taxation right now is hovering around 60%, how much more is "fair" do you think when other sections of the community contribute next to nothing? If you can add value to what little is left of your discretionary spend I say do it 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Except you wasn't was you... 

You even had a pointless dig referring to how utilising a cooling off period links ones morals to those who commit fraud & how that is not linked to the expected behaviour of a lexus owner in your eyes.  

Which you was then picked up on.

I'll choose to not respond further to you regarding this matter and will keep my future responses linked to the main topic at hand. 

• Like 3

On 7/15/2021 at 10:18 PM, NemesisUK said:

Make sure you get that in writing. When I enquired the stipulation was one had to make at least 3 monthly payments before cancelling or the discount was repayable. Of course one could still cancel within the 'cooling-off' period but any discounts or incentives would then have to be paid.

I believe the dealership will always advise 3 months as they need those payments to get their kickback from the finance company. If you cancel within the cooling-off period then I believe technically the finance company could ask for any financial contribution back but I've never heard of any company doing that.

On 7/15/2021 at 6:27 PM, stag74 said:

I think the price has actually gone up slightly compared to when I first saw it for sale a couple of weeks ago. 

It's gone up again, now over £40k

Bit of an update.

I've tried 2 or 3 times  to make contact and all I get is scripted questions and computer responses.  Heavy push on selling finance and there seems to be the total expectation that I will buy the thing unseen.  Just now I need to know where the car is so I can see it.

That and the crazy fluctuation of price makes it hard work so far.  I will continue......

PS  I wonder if my expression of interest has triggered today's price drop of £1000.  Remember Price Drop TV?

• Like 1

A few years back I was after a ISF - a low mileage 2011 car in Messa Red came up at a car supermarket. After much talking I got to see and test drive it. 

When I tried to negotiate a cash deal, I was meet with a wall of indifference. I tried twice, then gave up and moved on. In the end the car moved to another dealer, price dropped and it got sold.

Maybe Cazoo work on the same model 

Keep at it, one will come along 👍

I thought that was the whole rationale of buying from Cazoo, it's an online process you buy, they send the car to you, you have 7days to check it out and decide if you want it? I'd be surprised if they had a 'forecourt' as such or any way to view before purchase.

Nemesis you are quite correct.  I have at last been contacted by a human being and there is no option to view the car, basically you buy it then send it back within 7 days and are refunded as you said.  That's the only deal available.

That would work fine for me with a washing machine or maybe even a Ford Focus but an RCF?  No thanks.

The search continues............

• Like 1

I've just read through a post on Pistonheads about them, they are buying up loads of other car supermarket operations.

For the record they only made £143 profit on each of the 10000 cars they sold lately.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:01 PM, Duggie B said:

That's still a tidy profit 

No way. How would you pay for all of your business overheads out of £143 profit per car? Let alone people’s wages as well.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:33 PM, Plasticrat30 said:

Nemesis you are quite correct.  I have at last been contacted by a human being and there is no option to view the car, basically you buy it then send it back within 7 days and are refunded as you said.  That's the only deal available.

That would work fine for me with a washing machine or maybe even a Ford Focus but an RCF?  No thanks.

The search continues............

I don't understand your rationale William? A look on a forecourt, a salesperson in your ear and say a 20 minute test drive is preferable to having the car in your possession for up to 7 days for you and maybe a professional to give it a forensic 🤔🤔🤔

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links