Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there,all you who answered my posts a few weeks ago about me not being sure weather i wanted to keep the old LS400 that at that time i had owned for about 3 weeks.Well after buying new wheels so that i have more grip all round its truely truely nice to drive.You now turn the steering wheel and the car now goes were you point it instead of understeering at low speeds,where the tyre was rolling on its wall and understeering.As you may tell i am now keeping the LS400.Ive also cleaned the air filter out which had leafs init from where the car had been stood for 6 months and the car now pulls better.The car now also looks more the part with nicer in my option wheels :D :D :driving:

buy a new airfilter.. will last 9,000 miles and might be better

sounds like the tyres on the last wheels may be put on the wheel the wrong way round.. if directional tyres.

I know where your coming from steve buy its more down to having more grip on the front now,the car has always been stable on the back when cornering,but i feel because of the heavy weight of the car and the soft ride theres alot of weight transfer to the front of the car in slow corners or roundabouts and the tyre width (205) and the profile of the tyre(65) made the car push wide and understeer(i hate understeer).Yea the ride is still soft but theres bags more grip at the front of the car and now NO understeer :D :D :D :D :D so im really happy driving the car.Note there is more tyre noise but the cars still very quiet againest other cars ive owned.

Hi all,Greybeard putting wider tyres on all round has really got rid of the understeer and its so much nicer to drive now,ive drove the car a few hundred miles now all over the place on all sorts of roads and had very very little tram lining.Maneesh the wheels were £508 for all 4 alloys,just put part worn tyres on all round costing £170 for 4 tyres.I went for the same size tyres all round,you can get 265 on the back but because the car seemed to have bags of grip at the back with the standard wheels,putting wider tyres on the back that are wider than the front would not help i felt with understeer so i went for 245/40/18 all round,i know to have the speedo right i should have 235/40/18,they only had the 245s so ive gone with them for now.I am going to have to have the alloys skimmed on the inside of the wheels 3mm max to clear the arches on the front,now and again the tyres scrub the wheel arches.SO ITS VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE AS NEAR TO THE 50MM OFF SET OF THE STANDARD WHEELS....the off set of the new wheels are 38 at present so after they have been machined they should be 41 off set. :winky: :D

i guess the reduced understeer is more to do with the lower profile than the wider tyre. if i put wider tyres on my std rims, i would think understeer would be worse. i'll have a think about new alloys tho, but having spent more than the national debt already, it'll have to wait a while!

Yea Greybeard,like you say with the lower profile the tyre does not really get chance to roll so it mantains its grip,does`nt hurt having um wider as well.Like ive been saying over the last few weeks about the car,i wanted to keep it really but if i had not took the gamble with the wheels and had to drive it all standard,i think id have sold the car,really it is money well spent,the cars sat more on the road now when driving,sort of rides flatter,corners better(i have to lock myself in the seat with the seatbelt,seats not very sideways suported) and SO much more nicer to drive. :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links