Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT200H in Japan

joelfigueira

Hi all,

does anyone know why in Japan the CT200h has flappy paddles like the is300h? Have seen some on my Instagram as I follow a few Japan ct200h accounts as I’m interested to know why we didn’t get them in Europe. 

regards

Joel  

Paddles work very well in my RC300h.

Yes I know there are no 'gears' but put the transmission into S mode and the computers simulate gears very well. With instantaneous "PlayStation" like shifts, with the engine revs rising and falling, just like a normal automatic gearbox operated in manual mode. Though far, far better than the manual mode in my AMG.

In Normal mode the paddles change the amount of engine braking.

A gimmick maybe but they do change the way the transmission operates and can IMHO involve the driver far more, especially when 'making progress'.

These e-CVT transmission are streets ahead of traditional, even the most modern, brake-band and clutch auto boxes..

• Like 1

I've only used the paddles a few times they do nothing for me & I have a proper 6 speed auto box as its non hybrid.

Along with cruise control there should be a option not to have them at all.

7 minutes ago, Initial P said:

I've only used the paddles a few times they do nothing for me & I have a proper 6 speed auto box as its non hybrid.

Along with cruise control there should be a option not to have them at all.

Has the paddles in our Smart and they worked perfect. Wife was letting automatic changing do its job but I was using the paddles.

billede.thumb.png.2f56ccc5f38aa6a891fb96f006057c99.png

On 7/14/2021 at 10:26 PM, joelfigueira said:

I’m interested to know why we didn’t get them in Europe.

Adds to the cost of the vehicle when Lexus are trying to hit a specific price point for Europe, and I suspect for the average demographic the CT in Europe is aimed at wouldn't put it down as a desired feature.

I guess they could have provided just on the F Sport but I don't believe they added it in any country other than Japan.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links