Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Hello from Staffordshire! - Mew Member LS400


BradLS
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone!

Got my FIRST Lexus last week in form of a 1996 LS400!

It only cost me £500 and I have to say what a car for the money!

Has Main Dealer History up to 2014, Cambelt was done at 111k (Now at 145k) and I'm yet to find anything wrong with it yet!

IMG_1186.thumb.jpg.01471d1b0b7265140107b847bb96f08b.jpgIMG_1187.thumb.jpg.4f16276920c5bf8917ef9217df7ad17b.jpgIMG_1189.thumb.jpg.08e1592b2a4b34dbf07fa63ee73db905.jpgIMG_1192.thumb.jpg.739f5d96334a3a9f1b108f27916362c4.jpgIMG_1197.thumb.jpg.a53994d5df63aa4bbcba70b049c8ba9b.jpg

I'd say a good buy!

Hopefully keeping this one, has a bit of rust on most of the arches but i would expect that for a UK Car

Cheers,

Brad

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites



Hello and welcome to the LOC.

There are still some bargains out there then and yours looks better than the 15K offering on topic at the moment, MOT history all looks good, brake pipes replaced a few years back and cam belt replaced so no worries there. 

Almost a 1997 model.

Get those arches cleaned out to help stop the rot and with regular serving the mileage is nothing for these engines.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to Lexus.

We had our first in October so only half a year experience, but what a great car.

With the reliability of the brand the cars could last forever if maintained.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


24 minutes ago, JamesIS220 said:

Very nice👍 A bargain at that price! Should serve you many years at only 145k.

Enjoy!

James👍

I'm hoping so! as long as the rust doesnt kill the car eventually 😛 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BradLS said:

I'm hoping so! as long as the rust doesnt kill the car eventually 😛 

I have a 1996 Volvo 940 petrol auto on 206,000 miles. Every few years I re underseal the chassis with the spray cans and so far no welding needed or been done. Seems another owner used a rust preventative down the chassis channels as rubber bungs at end fitted. Previous 1989 240 needed passenger outrigger welded twice in the 10 years I owned it. Only a MOT cover job, so not a great job but cheap at £60 and last time £100. Still on the road.

James👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BradLS said:

Hi Everyone!

Got my FIRST Lexus last week in form of a 1996 LS400!

Brad, what can I say .............  you're the envy of many here .......  wot a steal at £500 .........  she looks pretty darned good and with a little fettling could last you forever, the Mk3 ( yours ) is the best for sure  .....................

Use her just as much as you can, they are wonderful cars as  a daily driver .......... time's slowly approaching when you're maybe going to be faced with some suspension worries but buying the parts assiduously from Amayama and Rockauto will lessen the pain considerably and there's heaps of good advice here from many with knowledge of these issues too

Mine's at 232k miles and I'm expecting her to outlast me driving ........  maybe another 20+ years hopefully :unsure:

Certainly the best car purchase you will have ever made .......  zero depreciation and at that price very likely good appreciation and superb driving comfort, reliabilty and silly low expense costwise

Well done

Malc

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Malc said:

Brad, what can I say .............  you're the envy of many here .......  wot a steal at £500 .........  she looks pretty darned good and with a little fettling could last you forever, the Mk3 ( yours ) is the best for sure  .....................

Use her just as much as you can, they are wonderful cars as  a daily driver .......... time's slowly approaching when you're maybe going to be faced with some suspension worries but buying the parts assiduously from Amayama and Rockauto will lessen the pain considerably and there's heaps of good advice here from many with knowledge of these issues too

Mine's at 232k miles and I'm expecting her to outlast me driving ........  maybe another 20+ years hopefully :unsure:

Certainly the best car purchase you will have ever made .......  zero depreciation and at that price very likely good appreciation and superb driving comfort, reliabilty and silly low expense costwise

Well done

Malc

 

 

Thanks Malc!

 

I forgot to mention after filtering through the service history I can see it had two new front springs & shocks recently, backs are still standard I believe!

it drives superb! far exceeded my expectations for how much it was!

 

looks like it’s had auto transmission service a while back, and regular oil changes

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Malc said:

Brad, what can I say .............  you're the envy of many here .......  wot a steal at £500 .........  she looks pretty darned good and with a little fettling could last you forever, the Mk3 ( yours ) is the best for sure  .....................

Use her just as much as you can, they are wonderful cars as  a daily driver .......... time's slowly approaching when you're maybe going to be faced with some suspension worries but buying the parts assiduously from Amayama and Rockauto will lessen the pain considerably and there's heaps of good advice here from many with knowledge of these issues too

Mine's at 232k miles and I'm expecting her to outlast me driving ........  maybe another 20+ years hopefully :unsure:

Certainly the best car purchase you will have ever made .......  zero depreciation and at that price very likely good appreciation and superb driving comfort, reliabilty and silly low expense costwise

Well done

Malc

 

 

Zero depreciation is a major factor in the economics of owning a car. Compared with new car depreciation. some major Lexus repairs are chicken feed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership