Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked up an RCF

Hi, I'm new to Lexus, here's my 16 plate RCF which I picked up yesterday:

PXL_20210714_164626496_MP.thumb.jpg.8140fc3c1ba003c9cac6996cfa215b10.jpg

Used to own Hondas years ago, and was yearning for some naturally aspirated power after driving modern turbo cars, which can be peppy and quite fun, but just lack some driver feel.

This is a cool, fast car, really happy with it so far.

Only problem so far is the boot liner I ordered doesn't fit correctly and rides up the right-rear recess of the boot. If anyone happens to know the correct part number please share.

• Like 4

Congrats!

I think Lexus had what was called "protection pack" and that had rubber bootliner, mud guards and few other bits. Not sure if you could purchase bootliner alone, but protection pack was ~£400. Lexus dealers should certainly know what it is.

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

Welcome, I'm from the Hampshire area too Lovedean to be precise. Hope to see you around locally can't miss my RCF

Another Hampshereite here. Nice looking car. Welcome on board.

Hi Rob,

Nice car. I like these wheels the most on the RCF but on the earlier cars you normally only see them on the carbon.

What cars have you had previous? Always interested to know comparisons

6 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Hi, I'm new to Lexus, here's my 16 plate RCF which I picked up yesterday:

PXL_20210714_164626496_MP.thumb.jpg.8140fc3c1ba003c9cac6996cfa215b10.jpg

Used to own Hondas years ago, and was yearning for some naturally aspirated power after driving modern turbo cars, which can be peppy and quite fun, but just lack some driver feel.

This is a cool, fast car, really happy with it so far.

Only problem so far is the boot liner I ordered doesn't fit correctly and rides up the right-rear recess of the boot. If anyone happens to know the correct part number please share.

Welcome to the F Club pal. Had mine since end of March - you'll love it ( as I do ). 

Wow, thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

7 hours ago, C.B said:

Hi Rob,

Nice car. I like these wheels the most on the RCF but on the earlier cars you normally only see them on the carbon.

What cars have you had previous? Always interested to know comparisons

Yeah I like these wheels a lot too and I that's one of the reasons I went for this particular car.

Well this is the first "proper" RWD luxury sports car I've owned, so not sure if my comparisons will be that meaningful. I had a Honda Accord Type-R A few years ago and a CRX before that. Extremely fun cars to drive, but not good in traffic as no power at low rpm.

Most recently I was driving a Seat Leon 2.0 TSI with the DSG box. Nice enough car to drive, just too much torque through the front wheels and had awful crashy wheel hop. I didn't like all the electronic nannies either.

4 hours ago, stag74 said:

It is not the one that was for sale at Lexus Hatfield? 

Yes it is. I viewed a couple and liked this one the most, it was at a lower price too so seemed like a no brainer.

20 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

If anyone happens to know the correct part number please share.

This should be the correct one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254921892458?hash=item3b5a87626a:g:adgAAOSwi1Zd8lWM

Not 100% sure if the boot floor is exactly the same if you have a standard diff or TVD though.

• Thanks 1

Another F car comes to Hampshire, says something about the people 😉

Welcome to the F club and with no bias at all, great colour choice!

Hope to see it out and about, the etiquette if you see another F car is to wave like a maniac 🤣

Once your comftable 

Sport S+ & Manual.. Red line is your friend. 😍🤣 And I highly recommend when it's wet find and empty open car park and have a proper play, learn how the vehicle feels when you may loose control under controlled conditions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

Another F car comes to Hampshire, says something about the people 😉

Welcome to the F club and with no bias at all, great colour choice!

Hope to see it out and about, the etiquette if you see another F car is to wave like a maniac 🤣

There is another white one around Southsea that I've seen a few times but I've not been in my RCF. Pretty sure it's owner is not on here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B1RMA said:

There is another white one around Southsea that I've seen a few times but I've not been in my RCF. Pretty sure it's owner is not on here.

There is an RCF next door to the driving range down the road from me I randomly discovered, also feel they aren't on here. Only ever seen 2 other GSF's outside of Lexus/ Jap events.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 12:51 PM, B1RMA said:

Welcome, I'm from the Hampshire area too Lovedean to be precise. Hope to see you around locally can't miss my RCF

Next time I'm down visiting relatives in Cowplain, I'd love to come and look at yours

1 hour ago, MNMJ said:

Next time I'm down visiting relatives in Cowplain, I'd love to come and look at yours

No problem at all, you're welcome to come over and have a coffee.

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

Can I come too? 😉🙂

Not a problem, but only F series park in the drive. You'll have to park in the road, it's very safe as it 's a no through road.

Whilst you're here you can test your skills on my Scalextric track, plenty of cars and two go karts plus it's the latest digital set so fuel, punctures etc come into play

IMG_1004.jpeg

IMG_1005.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

Not a problem, but only F series park in the drive. You'll have to park in the road, it's very safe as it 's a no through road.

😲 My car is so offended that it refuses to carry me to your residence!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Whilst you're here you can test your skills on my Scalextric track, plenty of cars and two go karts plus it's the latest digital set so fuel, punctures etc come into play

IMG_1004.jpeg

IMG_1005.jpeg

So there must be a priority parking spot on said drive for the rarest F car 😉 should I come visit 😛😆

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

So there must be a priority parking spot on said drive for the rarest F car 😉 should I come visit 😛😆

When did you get an lFa?