Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked up an RCF

On 7/16/2021 at 9:06 AM, ColinBarber said:

This should be the correct one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254921892458?hash=item3b5a87626a:g:adgAAOSwi1Zd8lWM

Not 100% sure if the boot floor is exactly the same if you have a standard diff or TVD though.

Thanks! I saw that one as well when I had a quick search the other night. I've checked the part number on mine and it's almost the same except for the second-last digit, so I think this is likely to be the right one.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:17 AM, hockeyedwards said:

Another F car comes to Hampshire, says something about the people 😉

Welcome to the F club and with no bias at all, great colour choice!

Hope to see it out and about, the etiquette if you see another F car is to wave like a maniac 🤣

Ha, thanks! Actually the white has grown on me, but my first choice would have been the dark grey metallic with the same wheels, red interior and heated steering wheel, but you can't have it all...

The paint is lovely though, looks more glossy than my last car and a has a nice metallic flake that shows up in the sun.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:21 AM, Arnett said:

Once your comftable 

Sport S+ & Manual.. Red line is your friend. 😍🤣 And I highly recommend when it's wet find and empty open car park and have a proper play, learn how the vehicle feels when you may loose control under controlled conditions. 

I already tried that in the test drive. 😄 Though, tbh I'm not sure if I even found the red line, the engine rpm just goes on and on! I really like the surge of power you get when pulling away in first gear, those rear wheels have crazy traction, RWD is a revelation.

Thanks for the wet car park tip, I'll keep it in mind. Is the car a handful in the wet, even with traction control on?

14 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

I already tried that in the test drive. 😄 Though, tbh I'm not sure if I even found the red line, the engine rpm just goes on and on! I really like the surge of power you get when pulling away in first gear, those rear wheels have crazy traction, RWD is a revelation.

Thanks for the wet car park tip, I'll keep it in mind. Is the car a handful in the wet, even with traction control on?

Haha, the noise as 4k RPM kicks in and then as it goes above 6 🤤🤤🤤

Sport S+ changes the traction quite a lot, makes it work slightly less giving the driver more control, you can turn off traction control while in sport S+ which will put it in expert mode. This still had TRC on but very very slightly, or there is a peddle dance you can do to completely disable it 😉.

You'll comftably do a roundabout or a corner at 30 in the warm or heat but at 20 in the wet your arse will fly out quicker than a dancers at stringfellows. In the snow or ice it's next level, personally I love it and love RWD just because of how the cars feel.

13 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Thanks! I saw that one as well when I had a quick search the other night. I've checked the part number on mine and it's almost the same except for the second-last digit, so I think this is likely to be the right one.

Ha, thanks! Actually the white has grown on me, but my first choice would have been the dark grey metallic with the same wheels, red interior and heated steering wheel, but you can't have it all...

The paint is lovely though, looks more glossy than my last car and a has a nice metallic flake that shows up in the sun.

Any plans to modify it

Hope to see it out and about, the etiquette if you see another F car is to wave like a maniac 🤣

Though I'm living in West Sussex (Bognor), I was born and I work in Pompey, does that count?? 😉

I know this will be controversial Kieran but do you think its possible to change the prefix from F to something else? I keep reading your comment and can't get out of my head it should have read " Another F****** car comes to Hampshire 🤣. Are you a closet member of Extinction Rebellion, we have a right to know 🤗🤗🤗

• Haha 2

I've been driving this car quite a bit over the weekend, really enjoying it so far, this is such a good car. I love how when you aren't driving spiritedly, it's basically a luxury car that is happy cruising, or sitting in traffic, and always very comfortable.

Looking forward to giving it a proper wash, maybe this weekend if it's not too hot.

On 7/17/2021 at 10:15 PM, Arnett said:

Haha, the noise as 4k RPM kicks in and then as it goes above 6 🤤🤤🤤

Sport S+ changes the traction quite a lot, makes it work slightly less giving the driver more control, you can turn off traction control while in sport S+ which will put it in expert mode. This still had TRC on but very very slightly, or there is a peddle dance you can do to completely disable it 😉.

You'll comftably do a roundabout or a corner at 30 in the warm or heat but at 20 in the wet your arse will fly out quicker than a dancers at stringfellows. In the snow or ice it's next level, personally I love it and love RWD just because of how the cars feel.

Yeah you are exactly right, the sound in the higher RPMs is great, that induction noise with a metallic edge to it. And the car is sometimes a bit reluctant/slow to downshift into second gear, so manual mode "makes sure". It rips as well, this car is way more fast and powerful than anything I've owned before. What an engine. 🥰

Thanks for the info, I have yet to drive it in the wet, so I'll be careful on roundabouts etc. Not that I've hammered it that hard in the dry either, but cornering grip seems great so far, very planted and confidence inspiring. The only weirdness I've noticed was slowing right down and taking a very sharp (almost full lock) right-hand turn I heard a bit of wheel slip or tyre scrubbing or something, sounded like one of the tyres was sliding on gravel. Anyone know what that might have been? Diff locking up? I didn't feel anything unusual, so maybe just came from the car behind me.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:40 AM, B1RMA said:

Any plans to modify it

Nah, I want to keep it stock. It's more than enough performance for the road, and in terms of looks I think it already hits a nice balance of being quite good looking/flashy, but at the same time can just about fly under the radar without attracting a ton of attention.

On 7/17/2021 at 2:16 PM, B1RMA said:

Not a problem, but only F series park in the drive. You'll have to park in the road, it's very safe as it 's a no through road.

Whilst you're here you can test your skills on my Scalextric track, plenty of cars and two go karts plus it's the latest digital set so fuel, punctures etc come into play

IMG_1004.jpeg

IMG_1005.jpeg

Make room for me n the misses…me in the RCF and Jane in the NX F 🤣

41B2AE12-092C-46B1-AB38-2E5C4D297844.jpeg

F02AE8DE-2C88-44A4-A261-C7693A7AE7B3.jpeg

@Rob RCF Welcome to F club mate, lovely motor. Very jealous of your wheels I have to say.

Looked into buying them but near on £5000 with rubber....ekkk!

You will love the car, I have had mine since Oct and still learning about it, still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it.

9 hours ago, mr2lad said:

Make room for me n the misses…me in the RCF and Jane in the NX F 🤣

41B2AE12-092C-46B1-AB38-2E5C4D297844.jpeg

F02AE8DE-2C88-44A4-A261-C7693A7AE7B3.jpeg

We have a baby on the way not (Oct) and still trying to convince my Mrs to swap her Merc Cabriolet for an NX... "Too small" was the response. Can't afford an RX 😞

9 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

I've been driving this car quite a bit over the weekend, really enjoying it so far, this is such a good car. I love how when you aren't driving spiritedly, it's basically a luxury car that is happy cruising, or sitting in traffic, and always very comfortable.

Looking forward to giving it a proper wash, maybe this weekend if it's not too hot.

Yeah you are exactly right, the sound in the higher RPMs is great, that induction noise with a metallic edge to it. And the car is sometimes a bit reluctant/slow to downshift into second gear, so manual mode "makes sure". It rips as well, this car is way more fast and powerful than anything I've owned before. What an engine. 🥰

Thanks for the info, I have yet to drive it in the wet, so I'll be careful on roundabouts etc. Not that I've hammered it that hard in the dry either, but cornering grip seems great so far, very planted and confidence inspiring. The only weirdness I've noticed was slowing right down and taking a very sharp (almost full lock) right-hand turn I heard a bit of wheel slip or tyre scrubbing or something, sounded like one of the tyres was sliding on gravel. Anyone know what that might have been? Diff locking up? I didn't feel anything unusual, so maybe just came from the car behind me.

Nah, I want to keep it stock. It's more than enough performance for the road, and in terms of looks I think it already hits a nice balance of being quite good looking/flashy, but at the same time can just about fly under the radar without attracting a ton of attention.

That was one of the main features that attracted me to the RCF, prior to buying it I tried a special factory order BMW the V8 model it was fantastic the way it seemed to almost shrink around you and went like a rocket. But I felt after driving it a while it was really only comfortable driving quickly, when I tried the RCF it didn't have quite the performance of the M3 but it could switch into comfort mode and be a refined comfortable car something I felt the M3 couldn't do.

Let's face it on todays roads having a comfort mode type car probably represents more than 80% of the time, at least for me that's the case.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

That was one of the main features that attracted me to the RCF, prior to buying it I tried a special factory order BMW the V8 model it was fantastic the way it seemed to almost shrink around you and went like a rocket. But I felt after driving it a while it was really only comfortable driving quickly, when I tried the RCF it didn't have quite the performance of the M3 but it could switch into comfort mode and be a refined comfortable car something I felt the M3 couldn't do.

Let's face it on todays roads having a comfort mode type car probably represents more than 80% of the time, at least for me that's the case.

I felt the same about buying the later ISF. I'm lucky enough to be able to run an Ls 430 as a daily and I wanted a 'special' car that had no regrets taking anywhere rather than spending several hours on the road and thinking 'i wish I bought the LS'!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BillNick said:

@Rob RCF Welcome to F club mate, lovely motor. Very jealous of your wheels I have to say.

Looked into buying them but near on £5000 with rubber....ekkk!

You will love the car, I have had mine since Oct and still learning about it, still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it.

Thanks! Yes they are nice wheels, they catch the light nicely from certain angles because of the polished faces. The dealer refurbed a couple of them because they had some light kerb damage, although one still has some surface damage on the inner barrel, so I will ask about getting that touched up when I book it in for paint correction.

You're right I'm loving the car. The more I drive it and get used to it, the more I like it. I still can't quite get over how well it gets off the line - on junctions and roundabouts you can be quite cheeky indeed. 😁

7 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Yeah, even though they are supposed to be good driver's cars I just couldn't quite get myself to want a BMW, maybe it was the stereotypes or the reliability issues, not sure. I was looking at Honda and Audi though, Lexus wasn't even on my radar until fairly recently when I saw SavageGeese's videos about these cars and how good they are, and that got me interested.

And yes the comfort and luxury was a big factor, unlike the Hondas I've had in the past, this feels way more grown up and refined.

Oh and plans for the car:

• Paint correction as it is moderately swirled. Not a huge deal on a white car, but you can see them in the sun. Will consider getting a ceramic coating at the same time, not sure yet. I've just been using Gyeon Wetcoat (spray sealant) on my previous car and I really like that.
  • New tyres all round. Maybe Michelin PS4S. At the moment it has Michelin Pilot Sport 3 and the fronts at least are looking a bit low.
  • Use up the screenwash so I can switch to my favourite one which is Angelwax Clarity. Big plans 😮 I know, but seriously, it's a great product.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Thanks! Yes they are nice wheels, they catch the light nicely from certain angles because of the polished faces. The dealer refurbed a couple of them because they had some light kerb damage, although one still has some surface damage on the inner barrel, so I will ask about getting that touched up when I book it in for paint correction.

You're right I'm loving the car. The more I drive it and get used to it, the more I like it. I still can't quite get over how well it gets off the line - on junctions and roundabouts you can be quite cheeky indeed. 😁

Yeah, even though they are supposed to be good driver's cars I just couldn't quite get myself to want a BMW, maybe it was the stereotypes or the reliability issues, not sure. I was looking at Honda and Audi though, Lexus wasn't even on my radar until fairly recently when I saw SavageGeese's videos about these cars and how good they are, and that got me interested.

And yes the comfort and luxury was a big factor, unlike the Hondas I've had in the past, this feels way more grown up and refined.

Oh and plans for the car:

• Paint correction as it is moderately swirled. Not a huge deal on a white car, but you can see them in the sun. Will consider getting a ceramic coating at the same time, not sure yet. I've just been using Gyeon Wetcoat (spray sealant) on my previous car and I really like that.
  • New tyres all round. Maybe Michelin PS4S. At the moment it has Michelin Pilot Sport 3 and the fronts at least are looking a bit low.
  • Use up the screenwash so I can switch to my favourite one which is Angelwax Clarity. Big plans 😮 I know, but seriously, it's a great product.

Tbh the only mod a large amount of us recommend is a new exhaust.  Here is the one most of us cream our pants over on @Cezar B's video

https://youtu.be/N6I_MyBhBvw

16 hours ago, Arnett said:

Tbh the only mod a large amount of us recommend is a new exhaust.  Here is the one most of us cream our pants over on @Cezar B's video

https://youtu.be/N6I_MyBhBvw

That does sound really good, especially with the valves closed on the runoff. Might be a bit loud for me though.

2 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

That does sound really good, especially with the valves closed on the runoff. Might be a bit loud for me though.

That's why you only open the valves at the end of the road 😉

21 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Update on this. I had another look at the tyres, it actually has a Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on the front left, a Pilot Super Sport on the front right and Pilot Sport 4 on the rears! They all look similar with the Michelin branding so I guess I didn't pick up on this when first looking over the car.

The mismatched fronts in particular are bothering me, so I've decided to have a new set of Pilot Sport 4 S fitted all round. I knew tyres for this car were going to be expensive, but damn. 😅

4 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Update on this. I had another look at the tyres, it actually has a Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on the front left, a Pilot Super Sport on the front right and Pilot Sport 4 on the rears! They all look similar with the Michelin branding so I guess I didn't pick up on this when first looking over the car.

The mismatched fronts in particular are bothering me, so I've decided to have a new set of Pilot Sport 4 S fitted all round. I knew tyres for this car were going to be expensive, but damn. 😅

More bad news,if you don’t already know,the correct PS4S tyres for the RC F are load rated 92 for the front and 96 for the rear and these are more expensive than the more usual 96/100…(don’t ask me why).

About £800 per set.

My RC F has some old school Bridgestone all round, but since they all have 6mm left I’ll stick with them a bit longer.

2 hours ago, XK140 said:

More bad news,if you don’t already know,the correct PS4S tyres for the RC F are load rated 92 for the front and 96 for the rear and these are more expensive than the more usual 96/100…(don’t ask me why).

About £800 per set.

My RC F has some old school Bridgestone all round, but since they all have 6mm left I’ll stick with them a bit longer.

Thanks for the warning, and, yes after a while I did notice that the XLs were the incorrect/heavier tyre. The ones I've ordered are the non-XL with the 92 and 96 load ratings. £858 including fitting. I thought about just grabbing 2x PS4 to match the rears, but for those they only had the XLs available.

I keep hearing good things about the PS4S so I might as well see what all the fuss is about. They are also standard fit on the newer RCFs from what I've seen.

My last car had Bridgestone Turanzas. They were not particularly great, could never put power down in the lowest gears.

I'll report back once I've had a drive with the PS4Ss fitted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links