Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked up an RCF

5 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

My last car had Bridgestone Turanzas. They were not particularly great, could never put power down in the lowest gears.

Same, even had 2 mates in the car the other day, 1 in the back (70kg) and the rear still slipped a bit in straight line. But as you have no doubt found out the car looks after you very well 🙂

Not sure you would notice any difference on day to day driving between the PS4S and the PS4. When I had my Vossen wheels fitted a year or so back they put PS4S tyres on all round.

There is no doubt all the Pilot Sport range are very good tyres I've had them on all my cars, but I think everyday road use you can not really distinguish between them, on track maybe.

My main concern was going to 20 inch wheels and whether I'd ruin the ride. But probably thanks to the AVS system on my car the ride is fine and isn't ruined.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:10 PM, Rob RCF said:

I'll report back once I've had a drive with the PS4Ss fitted.

So I've got the PS4S fitted all-round now and at the correct pressure (2.5 bar if I'm reading the door jamb correctly). Been out for a quick spirited drive in both the dry and wet, definitely not full hooligan mode or anything, just getting a feel for them.

20210724-DSC_3225.thumb.jpg.c12e3c9b7ebb451437b939df75a6245a.jpg

Dry: First off they feel smooth and predictable, the occasional instability or pulling I felt with the mismatched fronts is completely gone. Grip is very impressive, I didn't notice any wheelspin in the lowest gears. Cornering just felt very grippy and planted, I think I could even feel the tyres getting closer to the limit of grip, although I didn't push it that far yet.

Wet: Could put down power in a straight line pretty well, even in first and second gear, but still prone to wheelspin under full throttle. No traction problems once in third gear. Cornering felt good/fine, but obviously I'm still new to the car and it was wet, so corners were taken moderately.

Sidenote: In Sport S+ the downshifts during braking are amazing 🥰

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/15/2021 at 12:42 PM, Rob RCF said:

Hi, I'm new to Lexus, here's my 16 plate RCF which I picked up yesterday:

PXL_20210714_164626496_MP.thumb.jpg.8140fc3c1ba003c9cac6996cfa215b10.jpg

Used to own Hondas years ago, and was yearning for some naturally aspirated power after driving modern turbo cars, which can be peppy and quite fun, but just lack some driver feel.

This is a cool, fast car, really happy with it so far.

Only problem so far is the boot liner I ordered doesn't fit correctly and rides up the right-rear recess of the boot. If anyone happens to know the correct part number please share.

Another south coast member 👏🏽

welcome to the gang!

• Like 1