Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheels Keep Getting Dirty

preeder1963

My GS300 Sport wheels keep getting black blotches all over them. I sat outside with a tube of Autosol for a couple of hours last week and they looked pretty good for a day or two and then reverted back again. Should I use a sealnt on them?

If getting them refurbed/laquered is the best option does anyone know if this is effective, who does it in South-East and what it is likely to cost?

Sorry about last post re: eBay ad - I looked a couple of inches down the page today and saw it already had quite a bit of discussion already

cheers

Paul

:) Re clean wheels, once you have them clean try some of this wheel wax from "Toughseal" tel:01663751234 .

£12.95 a bottle. This stuff works a treat on my OZ alloys. The brake dust just washes off with some warm water and a touch of car shampoo. I use a soft paint brush with some tape around the metal section to brush round the alloys & remove all the dust etc... 20minutes tops for 4 clean alloys

www.wheelwax.co.uk

Its nice to find a product that does what it claims.

Hope this may help. MW

if you have been using Autosol on your wheels i would imagine all traces of the factory applied clearcote has long gone.........

which would explain why your wheels corrode so quickly.

the best bet would be to get them refurbed, and they will look like new, and last a darn site longer