Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need help with parts advice for repair of rear suspension (RX300 2004)

Hi all

I have an RX300 2004 that I bought 4 years ago to use it until the engine or transmission dies. However both are working fine but the rear suspension on both sides has packed in i,e I have been told all 6 bushes (3 each side) are gone. Good garage tell me that the whole arm or hub will need replacing and will cost £550+vat+ 4 hours labour each side, plus some other work needed on the front they are recommending to drive till MOT date then scrap it as repair cost exceeds cars cost.

Back street garage is saying they can fit  2nd hand hubs or replace bushes if I can source the parts but will not buy the parts for me. Labour will be cheap.

Unfortunately Lexus don't sell the bushes by themselves . I have seen them being sold on eBay but no idea if I am buying the right ones or not. 

Can someone who knows what they are talking about guide me to buy the replacements (either full arm/hub assembly or bushes) of eBay or give me part numbers to tally. Sorry I am clueless when it comes to these things but also cannot afford replacement car at this time.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Shepherd said:

Hi all

I have an RX300 2004 that I bought 4 years ago to use it until the engine or transmission dies. However both are working fine but the rear suspension on both sides has packed in i,e I have been told all 6 bushes (3 each side) are gone. Good garage tell me that the whole arm or hub will need replacing and will cost £550+vat+ 4 hours labour each side, plus some other work needed on the front they are recommending to drive till MOT date then scrap it as repair cost exceeds cars cost.

Back street garage is saying they can fit  2nd hand hubs or replace bushes if I can source the parts but will not buy the parts for me. Labour will be cheap.

Unfortunately Lexus don't sell the bushes by themselves . I have seen them being sold on eBay but no idea if I am buying the right ones or not. 

Can someone who knows what they are talking about guide me to buy the replacements (either full arm/hub assembly or bushes) of ebay or give me part numbers to tally. Sorry I am clueless when it comes to these things but also cannot afford replacement car at this time.

Thanks

Have you tried Rockauto in the US for complete assemblies? Even with shipping (which only takes about 5 days) it can cost a fraction of UK prices.

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Have you tried Rockauto in the US for complete assemblies? Even with shipping (which only takes about 5 days) it can cost a fraction of UK prices.

Hi Not yet, I'll look them up. Hope it's easy to find the part

34 minutes ago, Shepherd said:

Hi Not yet, I'll look them up. Hope it's easy to find the part

I've bought loads of parts from them, often saving hundreds. If you do buy from them choose FedEx economy and the Vat will be added so nothing else to pay 

• Like 2