Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

People who vip a lexus are vulgar and should not be allowed to own a lexus!

TKhan430

43 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I'm going to find somewhere to hide now.

image.png.42bfc4002849a60993d732286a482086.png

The gold badged editions were tuned to go slightly quicker. Next day delivery to any dark corner of Cambs can be arranged 🤣

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Neil E said:

image.png.42bfc4002849a60993d732286a482086.png

The gold badged editions were tuned to go slightly quicker. Next day delivery to any dark corner of Cambs can be arranged 🤣

If they do the "Hybrid" badge in gold too, I'll take a set!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2021 at 1:28 PM, NemesisUK said:

See here..

now that you've resurrected an old thread of mine i might consider getting them for my GS3 as i did for my old IS300 😎

I think the OP might throw up after seeing this one below

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Love gold badges on a Lexus and imo they suit any MK1 IS, MK1/2 GS or LS400. Oddly that was not my view when the models were current.

Specifically for the LS400, local dealers offered the optional gold pack priced between £800 and £1000. This included all the rear badges, front grille emblem, wheel centre cap emblems and the fixing ring and cap on the electric aerial. It is 24 carat gold plate.

IMG_20201109_131026346.thumb.jpg.83508c468b74d2224b92b847de9970ed.jpg

My LS came with the gold pack but all were tarnished or faded. Some were salvageable but for one or two I bought silver eBay replacements and then tracked down the local plater who used to do it for Lexus Sheffield. He had a look and said he'd charge me what he used to charge Lexus..... (gulp!)...... 80 quid :biggrin:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, noby76 said:

now that you've resurrected an old thread of mine i might consider getting them for my GS3 as i did for my old IS300 😎

I think the OP might throw up after seeing this one below

That video is the definition of vulgar with all of those eye sores like something out of need for speed! Lol🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TKhan430 said:

That video is the definition of vulgar with all of those eye sores like something out of need for speed! Lol🤣

Makes me miss my GS300 :sad:

And I notice that they all manage to leave without stuffing themselves into a hedge, pedestrian or kerb. Can't really be said for UK shows!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Makes me miss my GS300 :sad:

And I notice that they all manage to leave without stuffing themselves into a hedge, pedestrian or kerb. Can't really be said for UK shows!

yeh i heard the roads in Japan are so good(pothole free) that they can run their VIP'd cars so low without encountering damages to the body work

Nothing wrong with VIP. I like it, I just couldn't do it because 1) it's my daily driver 2) UK roads suck. People who dedicate their car to a VIP build generally do things properly and don't cut corners. Ford/Vauxhall owners on the other hand.. Their idea of a modified car are sh*t non-colour matched bolt on over-fenders with pops and bangs map. When it comes to modifying cars in the UK, people often lack imagination. Very rare to see something different. This is why I got an IS250 and did a thing or two to it that is quite tasteful in my opinion. Can't go wrong with subtle mods. It gets silly once you start seeing cars with mismatch parts, big, non-functional wings etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, H3XME said:

Nothing wrong with VIP. I like it, I just couldn't do it because 1) it's my daily driver 2) UK roads suck. People who dedicate their car to a VIP build generally do things properly and don't cut corners. Ford/Vauxhall owners on the other hand.. Their idea of a modified car are sh*t non-colour matched bolt on over-fenders with pops and bangs map. When it comes to modifying cars in the UK, people often lack imagination. Very rare to see something different. This is why I got an IS250 and did a thing or two to it that is quite tasteful in my opinion. Can't go wrong with subtle mods. It gets silly once you start seeing cars with mismatch parts, big, non-functional wings etc.

Mostly agree but it's not correct to suggest all Ford and Vauxhall owners can't modify cars tastefully, some really can. The VIP 'Stance' community seem to have the resources to build impressive cars that aren't very practical road cars but I do admire the skill and attention to detail. 

Big non-functioning mis-matched wings, totally agree, ban them! 🤣

I've had plenty of adverse comment about mine but if it was removed, it would be be even more 'rare to see something different.'

• Like 1

Kind of agree with you Tariq. As for those moded cars. Body kits Yes. Lowered suspension Yes. The camber settings on them Absolutely No. The LS with the twin duplex stick out zorsts was ridiculous 🙄. Otherwise really nice looking cars except for those square boxy looking things and the odd merc and beemer sneaking in lol.

It's not right to slag off Ford and Vauxhall drivers who mod their cars with odd bolt on items not colour matched. It's the best they can do with their cash. I've seen decades of those cars and they bring a smile to my face. Your car is superb  you've spent good cash on good gear to make your 250 superb so please don't slag those who do the best they can on the cheap.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Kind of agree with you Tariq. As for those moded cars. Body kits Yes. Lowered suspension Yes. The camber settings on them Absolutely No. The LS with the twin duplex stick out zorsts was ridiculous 🙄. Otherwise really nice looking cars except for those square boxy looking things and the odd merc and beemer sneaking in lol.

It's not right to slag off Ford and Vauxhall drivers who mod their cars with odd bolt on items not colour matched. It's the best they can do with their cash. I've seen decades of those cars and they bring a smile to my face. Your car is superb  you've spent good cash on good gear to make your 250 superb so please don't slag those who do the best they can on the cheap.

I'm sure we're all on a budget. It took me 2 years to get the IS250 where it is now.. You always have a choice. You wait, save up a bit more and do it properly. Or rush into it, get lots of sh*t and then it shows. I've learnt the hard way, I did it with my first car and looking back at it, I don't know what I was thinking. There is definitely the right and the wrong way of doing things regardless of whether it'll make you smile or not. You live & learn. If I had someone tell me all this years ago, I probably wouldn't of done so many "sh*t" mods to my first car.

People need educating. Especially when it comes to good & bad parts/brands. A lot of mods are very subjective, everyone has a different taste (not all good) but the worst thing is when people go around saying eBay this, China that is just as good as genuine parts from real brands that have been around for decades just because they've never been educated about the parts. Cheap china coilovers and cheap wheels from Wheelbasealloys for example are the best ones to look at. Cheap coilovers will definitely RUIN the car, and this where the misconception comes from. People not using proper parts. Coilovers will not ruin the car, not in even in terms of comfort if using the right ones. Wheels.. sure, why pay £1.5k+ for a set of wheels when you can buy a set for £700 from JR, Bola, Rota etc. You will find out when you hit a sneaky pothole at 60mph or clip a kerb at high speed. You'll end up with hexagon wheels (softer material hence the price) or worse.. shattered alloy which will then lead to an accident.

I'm not trying to argue here with anyone, just stating facts. As much freedom as you can get with modifying your car to suit your taste, there is a right and wrong way of going on about it. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links