Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 hours ago, RustyB said:

I have to agree on both points! We saw great views from the camper in 2019 (and it's not one of the slow ones, and I use wing mirrors, so didn't hold anything up!!) but the idea of taking an SC would be (realistic) motoring heaven!

It's interesting to know how pleased you are with the RX, ironically I'm looking at one of those as a replacement for the LS in a couple of years time.... I usually have one practice estate/SUV and a saloon, when I bought the ISF I thought I was replacing the LS, however I was 'instructed' that my ex police V70 T6 would be going as she loves the passenger experience of the LS!

I can understand the 'instruction,' I'm a big fan of the LS. I was looking for an LS600 when I stumbled upon the ultra rare GS460. The Toyota Soarer V8 and the LS430 are the quietest and most comfortable cars I've owned. Like the RX, the LS may not be the most engaging to drive but it's a first class way to travel. The RX is no fun (until it snows heavily) but it does everything you expect it to very well. The top spec RX is a comfortable ride with all of the toys and great off the beaten track where my low, wide SC430 would fear to tread.  

• Like 1

I'm hoping to take the RX up to the west coast of Scotland in the autumn, all being well. Some good driving roads up there for those with a more agile car than mine 😉 (from memory A816, A819, A828 to name a few). I'm also hoping to go up to the Black Isle later in the year, to do at least part of the NC500 (again all being well 🤞)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikey2001 said:

I'm hoping to take the RX up to the west coast of Scotland in the autumn, all being well. Some good driving roads up there for those with a more agile car than mine 😉 (from memory A816, A819, A828 to name a few). I'm also hoping to go up to the Black Isle later in the year, to do at least part of the NC500 (again all being well 🤞)

I look forward to finding a few of those in the ISF when I up that way, but the l will need much better (drier!) weather than you to enjoy

Its in my list to do the Highlands in the winter with some snow on the ground....but that is definitely NOT an option in any of my current fleet... Either just not moving or the back of the car overtaking the front.... Mmmm, what a choice!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RustyB said:

I look forward to finding a few of those in the ISF when I up that way, but the l will need much better (drier!) weather than you to enjoy

Its in my list to do the Highlands in the winter with some snow on the ground....but that is definitely NOT an option in any of my current fleet... Either just not moving or the back of the car overtaking the front.... Mmmm, what a choice!!

With good Winter tyres most cars would cope just fine even on the snow roads until they get too bad for the snow-ploughs.

The end of September/early October is a good time to go as the weather can still be favourable, fewer tourists and fewer midges.🙂 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 1:09 PM, Neil E said:

🤣 lol, that was funny. 

Motorhomes are mostly okay to navigate around...until it's single track, it's the really slow F drivers like MR2LAD that get in my way. I'm sure they drive slowly to avoid injuring any midges.🤣

Good stable, LS430 or the ISF, tough choice for a long adventure.👍

Nowt slow about me apart from noticing this post…. Flat out on the NC500 route in my lorry, but bimble in the F as dont want a million midges decorating front of car, they generally move out my way any hooooooo’s, as they hear me before seeing me and say ohhhhhhhhhh F its that wee bstard in his ‘Ive a sma willy car’ 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently up in NE Scotland at moment, and will be doing part of NC500 on Thursday, 

can only do part as itinerary for this week is pretty busy, but it would be rude not to do a bit of it whilst I’m up here…

C0B9A5E0-711C-4A87-9B4C-27CAA41AAFA6.jpeg

• Like 2