Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 2 weeks later...

58 minutes ago, Edus Amedda said:

It's a 05 which means it's in the higher tax bracket than the 04 also (last time I checked, which admittedly, was a while ago!)

If you referring to the LS430 than both 04 and 05 are same tax - there are few 06 plated LS430s which fall into the higher tax bracket along with all LS460s. The LS600h are lower tax due to being a hybrid (although they have the biggest engine in the line up)

back to topic on ls430 prices - they have recently seen a rise especially lower mileage ones

this one was snapped up from a private seller - i think it was priced around 5k:

2004 Lexus LS 430 4.3 4dr | eBay

Kass classic have an ls430 for £6990 2004 Lexus LS430 4.3 4dr Full Lexus Dealer History For Sale | Car and Classic

or you can choose to have the ls400 for £7990 from the same dealer 1999 Lexus LS LS400 1 Former Owner 90,000 Miles Facelift For Sale | Car and Classic

A very low mileage LS460 also commands a premium price £24K??? - compare the prices between these 2 - would you pay extra for the lower mileage:

2006 Silver Lexus LS 460 4.6 SE-L 4dr for sale for £9495 in Edinburgh, Midlothian (autotrader.co.uk)

14k miles LS460 2009 Blue Lexus LS 460 4.6 SE-L 4dr for sale for £24990 in Cobham, Surrey (autotrader.co.uk)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

If you referring to the LS430 than both 04 and 05 are same tax - there are few 06 plated LS430s which fall into the higher tax bracket along with all LS460s. The LS600h are lower tax due to being a hybrid (although they have the biggest engine in the line up)

back to topic on ls430 prices - they have recently seen a rise especially lower mileage ones

this one was snapped up from a private seller - i think it was priced around 5k:

2004 Lexus LS 430 4.3 4dr | eBay

Kass classic have an ls430 for £6990 2004 Lexus LS430 4.3 4dr Full Lexus Dealer History For Sale | Car and Classic

or you can choose to have the ls400 for £7990 from the same dealer 1999 Lexus LS LS400 1 Former Owner 90,000 Miles Facelift For Sale | Car and Classic

A very low mileage LS460 also commands a premium price £24K??? - compare the prices between these 2 - would you pay extra for the lower mileage:

2006 Silver Lexus LS 460 4.6 SE-L 4dr for sale for £9495 in Edinburgh, Midlothian (autotrader.co.uk)

14k miles LS460 2009 Blue Lexus LS 460 4.6 SE-L 4dr for sale for £24990 in Cobham, Surrey (autotrader.co.uk)

I certainly think they'll have the 09 LS460 for some time if they expect to get 25k, that's just ridiculous, regardless of the low mileage.

and it's probably £600 Road Tax too ......  just like my 2006 Honda Legend is now 😵

My Ls400 is still £285 .......  I think last time around :thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malc said:

and it's probably £600 Road Tax too ......  just like my 2006 Honda Legend is now 😵

My Ls400 is still £285 .......  I think last time around :thumbsup:

Malc

if you are referring to the 15K LS430 - its in the lower tax bracket approx £300 per year - all LS430s upto and including 55 plate ones are in the lower tax bracket. 06 plate LS430s and ALL LS460s are in the higher tax bracket.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:34 PM, cruisermark said:

I’m sure this car was £10k originally 

Good news - its now back at 10k after briefly rising to 15k - the market for these must of fallen through the roof overnight!!🙄

Since we have been discussing road tax above - an LS430 has appeared on Autotrader - appears to be a nice well looked after example with sensible miles but it aa 06 plate which means its higher tax bracket - in terms of spec there is no difference between this car and earlier registered facelift cars.

2006 Blue Lexus LS 430 4.3 4dr for sale for £5995 (autotrader.co.uk)

Quite honestly, I think that complaining about the price of road tax is like being unhappy with the mpg.........these are expensive cars to run, period.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tulpen said:

I think that complaining about the price of road tax is like

........  I guess we're at the point in frustration where we see exactly the same car, albeit maybe a day newer .........  gets clobbered by the Govt for another £315 ? a year ... but I s'pose they have to draw the line somewhere and it's at early 2006 :unsure:

Malc

14 minutes ago, Malc said:

........  I guess we're at the point in frustration where we see exactly the same car, albeit maybe a day newer .........  gets clobbered by the Govt for another £315 ? a year ... but I s'pose they have to draw the line somewhere and it's at early 2006 :unsure:

Malc

It really is frustrating because I had considered a later GS300 at some point, but the tax, for what is essentially the same car, was over £500.  It's the principal apart from anything else. Strange how I'm still lurking now I'm a Honda owner, perhaps I'm beginning to weaken.....again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I'm still lurking now I'm a Honda owner, perhaps I'm beginning to weaken

have both ..........  my Honda Legend that we've now owned exactly 5 years tomorrow , that the gf uses all the time and me part-time, is a truly wonderful 3.6 ltr limo of a car and apart from the stupid now £600 a year Road Tax, which frustrates me, is the next best thing to my present Ls400 that was 10 years in my ownership this June past ............ and about 110k miles too

I do really really prefer driving the Ls400 and would have to buy another if this one was parted from me before it's / my time .. say a bad write-off ....  the car and / or me :yahoo:

Malc

( my Ls400 is now a Cat N write-off , slightly damaged rear door, however still with all original unblemished paint )

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 1:42 PM, Tulpen said:

Quite honestly, I think that complaining about the price of road tax is like being unhappy with the mpg

I wouldn’t complain about cars in the higher tax bracket, I just wouldn’t buy one. Maybe it seems tight but for the higher tax bracket cars - if the car is ‘on the road’ and will be used you could be shelling out £500 or quite a bit more before it even turns a wheel. Insurance isn’t exactly cheap and I’m not rolling in money so I draw the line at paying £500 or more for road tax, that’s just the way I see it though.

I would have no problem with paying £500+ for VED if we actually got anything for the money, but all we get is neglected roads, stalled construction projects, lower speed limits and more traffic jams. There has been a mindset of "tax the motorist" for so long now that it is engrained in government of all flavours.

Yes the LS430 is a luxobarge and most people don't NEED such a big car, but I simply don't fit in smaller cars. I tried to get into my Dad's Jag XF just the other day and whilst I eventually managed to get behind the steering wheel I simply cannot drive like that. At 6'4" and with very broad shoulders most cars are just too small, and there are zero choices for more economical cars for people my size. I have yet to find a new car that I can drive comfortably for any distance other than mahoosive SUVs (yuck!), the S-Class, Jag XJ, LS500h, and a few other £100,000 behemoths. Even the 7 series is too small for me.

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

I would have no problem with paying £500+ for VED if we actually got anything for the money, but all we get is neglected roads, stalled construction projects, lower speed limits and more traffic jams. There has been a mindset of "tax the motorist" for so long now that it is engrained in government of all flavours.

Yes the LS430 is a luxobarge and most people don't NEED such a big car, but I simply don't fit in smaller cars. I tried to get into my Dad's Jag XF just the other day and whilst I eventually managed to get behind the steering wheel I simply cannot drive like that. At 6'4" and with very broad shoulders most cars are just too small, and there are zero choices for more economical cars for people my size. I have yet to find a new car that I can drive comfortably for any distance other than mahoosive SUVs (yuck!), the S-Class, Jag XJ, LS500h, and a few other £100,000 behemoths. Even the 7 series is too small for me.

The Road Tax over here in Holland is about £1200.00 for the 460, but the roads are great. The point I was trying to make was that it costs about £100 to fill the tank with E5 so, if you measure the road tax difference in tankfuls, it really isn't that significant........especially if, like me, your Lexus is your daily drive.

• Like 1

Having bought a Japanese import and knowing how well they're looked after, and generally rust free, I would think spending something like 8-10k would get you a Celsior that was in virtually new condition. If, and it's a big if, I ever bought another Lexus, it would certainly be a recent import from Japan.

On 7/30/2021 at 10:32 AM, cruisermark said:

06 plate LS430s and ALL LS460s are in the higher tax bracket.

Not quite. The tax change took effect from 23/03/2006 so if any LS 430s were registered between 01/03/2006 and 22/03/2006 they will be on an 06 plate but in the lower tax bracket, although I'm not sure how many, if any, there are (maybe a unicorn car!).

On 7/31/2021 at 11:07 AM, cruisermark said:

Since we have been discussing road tax above - an LS430 has appeared on Autotrader - appears to be a nice well looked after example with sensible miles but it aa 06 plate which means its higher tax bracket - in terms of spec there is no difference between this car and earlier registered facelift cars.

2006 Blue Lexus LS 430 4.3 4dr for sale for £5995 (autotrader.co.uk)

The 06 car for sale in the link was registered on 29/03/2006 meaning £600.00 pa VED. If it was registered on 22/03/2006 the VED is £340.00 pa. Very annoying. 

14 hours ago, Chris111 said:

Not quite. The tax change took effect from 23/03/2006 so if any LS 430s were registered between 01/03/2006 and 22/03/2006 they will be on an 06 plate but in the lower tax bracket, although I'm not sure how many, if any, there are (maybe a unicorn car!).

The 06 car for sale in the link was registered on 29/03/2006 meaning £600.00 pa VED. If it was registered on 22/03/2006 the VED is £340.00 pa. Very annoying. 

I think you may be right there - I remember posting on here where an LS460 was for sale but seller claimed it was lower tax bracket - and the reason maybe what you have stated above.

17 hours ago, Tulpen said:

The Road Tax over here in Holland is about £1200.00 for the 460, but the roads are great. The point I was trying to make was that it costs about £100 to fill the tank with E5 so, if you measure the road tax difference in tankfuls, it really isn't that significant........especially if, like me, your Lexus is your daily drive.

If we got our moneys worth from the tax £600 would be fine by me. As it stands the £340 I pay for my 2004 LS is a rip off, especially when you consider that 60% of what we pay for petrol is also tax. In the UK the taxes levied from the motorist funds other government functions first and the roads just seem to get neglected. So far our governments (regardless of political orientation) only "solutions" to overcrowding on the roads are more taxes (congestion charges, environmental charges) and converting emergency lanes on motorways to running lanes so that more traffic can use the existing roads, at the expense of road user safety.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if this car is from that same group of garages with 1000 cars in stock .....  all those extras ............  that were always just standard too

good MOT history though ......  and the price is still too rich for most methinks ......  needs to be a third of it's mileage for this price to be achieved ........  " chancers " eh !:yes:

Malc