Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Broken Remote Touch

A dab of hot-melt glue will sort that.

It's not like it needs lots of pressure to operate it. I only have to breathe on mine and it moves the cursor, so hot-melt will be more than adequate.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Herbie said:

A dab of hot-melt glue will sort that.

It's not like it needs lots of pressure to operate it. I only have to breathe on mine and it moves the cursor, so hot-melt will be more than adequate.

Thanks Herbie, but then again it needs to be pressed every now and then to confirm doesn't it? 

9 minutes ago, BartLexusFan said:

Thanks Herbie, but then again it needs to be pressed every now and then to confirm doesn't it? 

No, the buttons to either side of it do the same job. If you look, you'll see the word "Enter" imprinted on the buttons and they do exactly the same thing as pressing the touchpad.

EDIT - just realised that yours doesn't have buttons at either side. OK, so how about something like Araldite epoxy resin or Jenolite Steel Stick ? That'll stand up to any amount of pressing.

This is what mine looks like, hence the confusion 😄

Image 1 - Lexus RX 450H 2017 GPS navigation control unit/module 2372400810 LUM196

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Herbie said:

No, the buttons to either side of it do the same job. If you look, you'll see the word "Enter" imprinted on the buttons and they do exactly the same thing as pressing the touchpad.

EDIT - just realised that yours doesn't have buttons at either side. OK, so how about something like Araldite epoxy resin? That'll stand up to any amount of pressing.

This is what mine looks like, hence the confusion 😄

Unfortunately they've removed the side buttons in facelidted 2012+ RXes. Ooooh I like the sound of Araldite epoxy resin when googled,thank you that should do the trick! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BartLexusFan said:

Any suggestions on a replacement? Did not expect that and I guess it's not covered by the lexus warranty 

20210717_115658.jpg

Which Warranty Bart?

Following suggestions are helpful ,but if Time is not of the essence, ask your friendly Lexus Dealer on Monday morning ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BartLexusFan said:

Unfortunately they've removed the side buttons in facelidted 2012+ RXes. Ooooh I like the sound of Araldite epoxy resin when googled,thank you that should do the trick! 

If not you may need to drill a hole in both parts and use a screw thread or other metal rod to give it more strength together with an epoxy adhesive.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Which Warranty Bart?

Following suggestions are helpful ,but if Time is not of the essence, ask your friendly Lexus Dealer on Monday morning ?

Lexus Extended 😊

Thanks Herbie, £6 Araldite Epoxy from screwfix fixed this. It's actually more stable now so I guess it was on it's way out. I've applied Araldite epoxy, held it down for 20 mins, then left the car for 2hrs came back and as good as new. Thank you for all your help as always gents 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1