Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tad Frustrating

My car was unlocked after I opened the sunroof for ventilation. All well and good. Now as I'm about to go out in it I decided to fully ventilate the cabin so used the remote function to fully open the roof and windows by pressing and holding the unlock button on the key fob. All good... for about 5 mins when the alarm and horn start sounding!

Went out to the car and it had locked itself and obviously set the alarm! Now I know that if one doesn't open a door within 20sec of unlocking a locked car it will relock but what I didn't know was even if the car was previously unlocked it will lock itself if the actions above are undertaken and one doesn't open a door within 20sec. A door that until the above was unlocked for a good few hours!! 🙄

Everyday is a school day! 🤓 😁

A security feature, no doubt..

22 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

My car was unlocked after I opened the sunroof for ventilation. All well and good. Now as I'm about to go out in it I decided to fully ventilate the cabin so used the remote function to fully open the roof and windows by pressing and holding the unlock button on the key fob. All good... for about 5 mins when the alarm and horn start sounding!

Went out to the car and it had locked itself and obviously set the alarm! Now I know that if one doesn't open a door within 20sec of unlocking a locked car it will relock but what I didn't know was even if the car was previously unlocked it will lock itself if the actions above are undertaken and one doesn't open a door within 20sec. A door that until the above was unlocked for a good few hours!! 🙄

Everyday is a school day! 🤓 😁

A security feature, no doubt..

Peter, is it not  the case that (your last sentence) your presumption that the car was unlocked for several hours, was untrue?

It could possibly have been locked, but nothing had triggered the alarm to inform you of that ?

Anyway with all of the trouble and strife you are having with that RC, I`m not having one.😊

• Haha 1

No, it definitely was unlocked as the door mirrors were unfolded before I used the fob to open the windows and change the sunroof from venting to fully open. I could confirm it was still unlocked as the door mirrors were still not folded when I watched the roof open and windows drop....

When I went to to silence the alarm I saw the mirrors were now folded. So unlocking  the car, that was already unlocked, triggered the 20sec grace to open a door before it 're'locked and set the alarm, which didn't go off until a good 5min later!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links