Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vehicle Theft

ALAW

Yesterday at work i read an article in a colleague's paper (Daily Mail) about the restraunt critic Giles Coren having had his car stolen twice. if i interpreted the story correctly he got his car back twice. I think it had a tracker and maybe the thief's couldn't activate the ignition. Anyhow the thing that pinged a note with me was the article finished off that 300 vehicles a day are stolen and only 1% of thief's convicted.  What with all the APNR,s everywhere plus CCTV you would have thought there would be better conviction rates. Sleep well folks.

14 hours ago, ALAW said:

Yesterday at work i read an article in a colleague's paper (Daily Mail) about the restraunt critic Giles Coren having had his car stolen twice. if i interpreted the story correctly he got his car back twice. I think it had a tracker and maybe the thief's couldn't activate the ignition. Anyhow the thing that pinged a note with me was the article finished off that 300 vehicles a day are stolen and only 1% of thief's convicted.  What with all the APNR,s everywhere plus CCTV you would have thought there would be better conviction rates. Sleep well folks.

Not really - if they use cloned plates the ANPR cameras will not detect it. There is a company that tracks cars and posts their recovery online.

Evening David i watched this very impressive thanks for posting. I went and looked at their website and learnt how they use different means of tracking not just GPS. Looks like they sell you a product and you attach it to your vehicle. There is a chance that it could be found i suppose and removed.

• Like 1