Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Arrival To The Household

I was asked by royoftherovers to post some pics of my recent addition.

Having been at work all weekend, today has been my earliest moment to do so.

I have some cleaning up and cable mangement for the dash-cam to sort out still but here are some pics as she sits atmDSC_1878.thumb.JPG.d84990162936ffacdb7c4ff00abd2173.JPGDSC_1879.thumb.JPG.89ca39dcae50bfd5b7271b40a8b9a941.JPGDSC_1880.thumb.JPG.def70f2247472fdece0860f2aa627217.JPGDSC_1881.thumb.JPG.38f1485ca2fa864ac2b492d85ae1eca2.JPGDSC_1882.thumb.JPG.9ea3034cf00176369b8286d42b23439d.JPGDSC_1884.thumb.JPG.0805ed1b7dae811af621517a01b5ba9d.JPGDSC_1886.thumb.JPG.ef4667ea2ac168eb9c97f436f47c0fa5.JPGDSC_1887.thumb.JPG.599cded7ad7e37ccc3faf95b1975eb84.JPGDSC_1888.thumb.JPG.e0579bdf6a724a0626dadc973c3e9e44.JPGDSC_1883.thumb.JPG.89dd659ca61c21aed0770cb6dd6abecb.JPGDSC_1889.thumb.JPG.d2737037ea469c14fbce47508a7f69e7.JPGDSC_1890.thumb.JPG.4ebb2ba201c3e642b07978e77322d8c3.JPGDSC_1877edit.thumb.jpg.6916a158b259a5d6a035e4e76efebba3.jpgDSC_1891edit.thumb.jpg.302d8acebcb4f2ae3427298d78d0e289.jpgDSC_1892edit.thumb.jpg.38b959f8b32188866845f365ecfc3bb4.jpgtm

DSC_1885.JPG

• Like 5

the red leather is beautiful ............  reminds me of the leather interior, exactly the same colour, of my 1969 Wolseley 16/60 about 50 years ago !

sorry I digress

yes, she looks a stunning car and the white sets-off the red amazingly well :thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dixgas said:

Very nice Glen, I had a 250 V6 same year and colour, it's from my neck of the woods must have been sold new by Lexus Carlisle in Cumbria.

I actually purchased the car from Lexus Kings Lynn but all the documentation and V5, does indeed state, that it is a Carlisle vehicle.

Rather than quote multiple posts I'll leave this here.

I posted, previously on here for advice on which 300H I would be better off with (HERE). After fantastic results and information from multiple members, I made my choice.

I have many hobbies and a lot of them are of an artistic nature, with this, unknowingly, until I started looking back, I noticed that a lot of my work involved stark contrasts, mainly black and white or strong colours. This has followed me, recently, into vehicle colours and interior choices. 

I have never been/ever will be, in a position to spec and purchase a brand new Lexus but when I buy second hand, I follow a well trodden path (Set by me, without me even realising) whichever colour I choose, dark or light, i go opposite on the interior colours. Light colours though, tend to have dark dashboards, steering wheels and centre consoles, with black seats and carpets, this would be too much dark, for my taste, so...

I was looking for an Ivory interior. I found a Premier with such an M.O (You can read the story in the original post "Original Post" )

That purchase didn't work for me, so it was back to the drawing board.

On return from the Premier, the hunt began again.

The second white Is300h I saw, on my perusal, had the red interior.  This was the first time I had seen red in an F-Sport and I admit, it was a shocker. (The pictures showed a much lighter red than it actually is (as Malc said "the red leather is beautiful ............  reminds me of the leather interior, exactly the same colour, of my 1969 Wolseley 16/60 about 50 years ago !" I too, was cast back to the past but the 70's for me, with the old vinyl seats) I made the mistake of showing the pics to the wife and she instantly fell in love with the car and colours.

Being level headed and not prone to rapid and impulsive decisions (LOL) she told me to take it for a test drive. So, arrangements were made, I viewed the car and actually found myself really liking the wine/claret coloured seats. I took it for a test drive and was hooked. 

Parking in my works car park, amongst a sea of silver vehicles, instantly she was getting a lot of attention, many about how much they love the red interior and the white combo. Many others commenting on how modern and edgy the styling is for an 8 year old car. (This was a major factor in my model choices)

I have stated that I have some small work to do to get things, just so but very, very little. There are very few marks on the exterior, light scratches under the door handles, a couple of light scratches on the rear near side door and a few stone chips but for an 8 year old, the bodywork and condition is outstanding and I am more than happy. 

What I can't get over though, is the attention that she is getting. I had the IS200 Sport, in blue and that got "some" attention but this is next level, I'm even getting BMW and Mercedes drivers double taking me.  And I have to confess, it's something I'm not used to, which, at first, was making me nervous but i'm getting there. 

There doesn't appear to be many 300h's around where I live, as I have only seen one in the last 6 weeks, other than the two I looked at. Who knows, I might have inadvertantly started a Lexus advertisment campaign and may spark a 2nd hand Lexus, sales boom. If that's the case, I will be requiring some recompense 😉

Thank you all for taking time to comment and for all the advice, you wonderful people, freely offer. Continue the good work.

I have been a member here, since before I even owned a Lexus, so I won't be going anywhere in the forseeable future.

Thanks again for your great comments!!!

• Like 4

Very nice. This is the same colour combo that we had before it was replaced by the UXe. 

I see its on a 63 plate. With these, whatever you do, dont change the 12v Battery yourself if it needs changing. Take it to Lexus as the head unit could potentially fail once the old Battery is removed. Just worth bearing in mind for future!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rayaans said:

Very nice. This is the same colour combo that we had before it was replaced by the UXe. 

I see its on a 63 plate. With these, whatever you do, dont change the 12v battery yourself if it needs changing. Take it to Lexus as the head unit could potentially fail once the old battery is removed. Just worth bearing in mind for future!

Thanks for that. The head unit failing does not sound like something I would want to happen, especially right now

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links