Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Left front window channel Replacement

Hi everybody, I was wondering if you guys can help me with a bit of information about the following part number 6815153020. It is the left front window channel seal. I was wondering if you have any idea how to replace that part. I am afraid it might be a very involved job, but any help is appreciated. I have provided two reference images below. Thanks a bunch ! Source http://toyotamarket(blocked word)/eu/242520/002/3/6701/1/68151C/?opts=200808212LA00444WZ02T

image.thumb.png.f4bbb30f8c6f1424179e2b1150ba4dd0.png6815153020 Уплотнитель стекла двери передней левой Lexus IS250 IS350 GSE20 4GRFSE 68151-53020

The removal of the door card is well documented with videos, the real problem is the “garnish” trim circled as this is clipped on apart from one removable fixing. 

They are a very strong fit, need some force to remove and run the risk of breaking during removal.  I would suggest getting a set of plastic trim removal tools to make the job a little easier.

Once this is off you should be able to access the seal, not sure if you can simply lower the window to get the seal out or you have to remove it completely.

11D8F224-102D-494F-AEE0-305D55B2CE63.jpeg

Hi, Thanks for the swift response. I actually lowered the window, and from the outside I tried to pry the seal out with a plastic tool, it seems to be just press fit in there, I managed to pull a part of it out, but stopped and returned it back i didnt want to unset it, since i dont have the replacement part yet. I want to believe it is  just press fit in there and not held by anything. The rubber seal itself has channels similar to a plastic trim which fit between the part you mentioned (the plastic trim that goes around the window on the inside) and the metal of the door frame on the outside. 

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

The removal of the door card is well documented with videos, the real problem is the “garnish” trim circled as this is clipped on apart from one removable fixing. 

They are a very strong fit, need some force to remove and run the risk of breaking during removal.  I would suggest getting a set of plastic trim removal tools to make the job a little easier.

Once this is off you should be able to access the seal, not sure if you can simply lower the window to get the seal out or you have to remove it completely.

11D8F224-102D-494F-AEE0-305D55B2CE63.jpeg

Just tried it to see how much of it can be removed, the top part is easy, the sides as well. But some part of the seal is actually located inside the door, you can see from the diagram the long vertical left and right arms of the seal, part of those go into the door, not sure how deep, and if i could just pull them and stuff the new one in without any disassembling. If i judge by the diagram, and the plastic garnish 67664C, about 50% of the vertical parts of the seal is inside the door. I tried pulling on both sides, one side (next to A pillar) seemed to come off real easy, pulled about 10-15 cm (managed to return it back) The side that is next to the B pillar was very hard to pull, i didnt force it too much.