Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h 2020 Bluetooth issue

This is a very strange issue that I hope someone can help me with.

Using my Iphone connected via Bluetooth to make calls works fine, however if I use Lexus Connected services for anything at all I can no longer make calls after that!

The call connects as usual but neither I nor the receiving party can hear anything but more importantly the whole systems jams and I cannot end the call or do anything else with the entertainment system until I manually turn off the Hot Spot on my phone.

Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have a 2020 and tried to emulate your fault.  It did not behave as you stated.  

Does this happen when connected with cable on carplay.  it routes the audio through cable there.  If it still happens when cabled would suggest a phone reset before heading to dealer to check on infotainment software.

2 hours ago, rangebyte said:

I have a 2020 and tried to emulate your fault.  It did not behave as you stated.  

Does this happen when connected with cable on carplay.  it routes the audio through cable there.  If it still happens when cabled would suggest a phone reset before heading to dealer to check on infotainment software.

No. I do not have an issue when using Carplay.

The problem is when I am just using Bluetooth and making a call through the normal lexus phone pairing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just by way of an update.......

I deleted the phone pairing from the car and re-paired it a couple of times, and now it seems to be behaving.

I hope it will last.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just by way of a further update.......

As soon as I used lexus online again the phone Bluetooth issue came back!

It is very strange that if someone calls me then there is no issue and I can have a conversation but if I call someone the whole system jams.

I guess the answer is to use apple Carplay instead of built in Bluetooth.

2 hours ago, Rob62 said:

Just by way of a further update.......

As soon as I used lexus online again the phone bluetooth issue came back!

It is very strange that if someone calls me then there is no issue and I can have a conversation but if I call someone the whole system jams.

I guess the answer is to use Apple Carplay instead of built in bluetooth.

Rob, which version of DCU software are you running?

Go to settings, general, s/w update and it will tell you.  (I think that's correct)...  It will be listed as "Audio version".  If you version is less than 1051 I think an update  *may* fix it (quite a number of Iphone related issues were fixed in 1051).

Are you using a wifi hotspot or doing the internet connection share to the car from the phone over the BT?

Paul

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 12:51 PM, PDM said:

Rob, which version of DCU software are you running?

Go to settings, general, s/w update and it will tell you.  (I think that's correct)...  It will be listed as "Audio version".  If you version is less than 1051 I think an update  *may* fix it (quite a number of iphone related issues were fixed in 1051).

Are you using a wifi hotspot or doing the internet connection share to the car from the phone over the BT?

Paul

Paul,

The audio software version is 1138 and the Navigation software is version 1150. These are the latest versions.

I am not using the car's WIFI hotspot but accessing the internet by tethering to the phone..

That said I was using the Bluetooth for phone calls with no issues for the last couple of days! I guess it is just random with no rhyme or reason, just like the other issues with the entertainment system.

ROB

8 hours ago, Rob62 said:

Paul,

The audio software version is 1138 and the Navigation software is version 1150. These are the latest versions.

I am not using the car's WIFI hotspot but accessing the internet by tethering to the phone..

That said I was using the bluetooth for phone calls with no issues for the last couple of days! I guess it is just random with no rhyme or reason, just like the other issues with the entertainment system.

ROB

Hi Rob,

Ok.   Thats a shame.  Given the changelogs I thought an update might help but as you say, you are already on the latest avaiable releases.  I understand there is an audio 1140 on some newly delivered vehicles but this is not yet available on lexus tech or to dealers for upgrades on existing ones.  I also have no idea what it may fix, but at least it does suggest an update my be imminent.

Regarding your wifi connection: are you using the internet capability on your phone using a wifi hotspot on the phone or are you using internet over Bluetooth tethering?  Both are possible.  You may wish to swap and try the other option and see if it works better.

Paul

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 8:28 AM, PDM said:

Hi Rob,

Ok.   Thats a shame.  Given the changelogs I thought an update might help but as you say, you are already on the latest avaiable releases.  I understand there is an audio 1140 on some newly delivered vehicles but this is not yet available on lexus tech or to dealers for upgrades on existing ones.  I also have no idea what it may fix, but at least it does suggest an update my be imminent.

Regarding your wifi connection: are you using the internet capability on your phone using a wifi hotspot on the phone or are you using internet over bluetooth tethering?  Both are possible.  You may wish to swap and try the other option and see if it works better.

Paul

Hi Paul,

It doesn't seem to make a difference. That said the phone seems to be working OK now so I will just leave it.

FYI the voice control on the USB is still not working. I am leaving that alone as well.

Looking forward to a new update (if any) as long as it doesn't break something else!

ROB

42 minutes ago, Rob62 said:

Hi Paul,

It doesn't seem to make a difference. That said the phone seems to be working OK now so I will just leave it.

FYI the voice control on the USB is still not working. I am leaving that alone as well.

Looking forward to a new update (if any) as long as it doesn't break something else!

ROB

Rob, I'll send you a direct message.

Paul