Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well Guys As You Must Have Gathered I Have Just

jasear

bought an Altezza RS200 do not know what exact variant it is yet.

The car really looks nice but it has yet to pass its sva.

I have read lots about the car but really never driven one. Was wondering if any of you can just give me some kind of an idea what kind of a car it is.

Did i make a good choice? Is it as good as a 3 series bmw or better?

Sorry for my ignorance but ive never driven a lexus so im not sure what to expect although i have heard great things about it.

There are 2 types of Altezza in 3 trim levels - the AS200 and the RS200 in base, Z and L editions. The AS200 is exported to the rest of the world as the Lexus IS200, albeit with a higher spec still.

The RS200 is the fastest naturally aspirated 2 litre saloon made to date and only the Honda S2000 has a higher specific output from a 2 litre engine.

As all the IS owners on here will tell you the car handles pretty well, but the magazines would have you believe the 3 series handles better...

Hi Mate... You have made an Excellent choice... you won`t look back!!

Good luck with the SVA, i have seen you have been having problems getting it to pass... it`ll all come good!

I would say you have made the better choice, rather than going for a BM* You got any pictures yet bud?

As Scott says, I don't think you'll be dissappointed with your decision. Get the engine over 4000 rpm and she'll go like stink... Around the bends as well as the straights. The 4 cylinder engine is lighter than the 6 cyl AS variant. The lighter weight should make the handling better, though I've never had a back-to-back drive to test the theory.

I've only had mine for just over a month now, but I've already racked up 1200 miles.

Be warned though, it is all too easy to reach 3-figure speeds without really intending to... This comes from someone who was pulled over on Friday night and given a £30 fixed penalty... for illegal number plate spacing. :angry: Nothing to do with the fact that Mr Rozzer wanted to give me a £60 and 3 penalty points for 'excessive speed'.

I was lucky that:

(i) I only travelled a short distance at this speed before slowing down

(ii) The panda car couldn't catch me while I was at this speed. :whistling:

(iii) I am very wary when a vehicle comes up behind me at high speed, so I didn't do it again...

:ohmy::whistling::blink:

So enjoy the car Jasear, but be careful. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links