Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radar Cruise Control problem

I completed a 250 round trip in the F last weekend (great fun of course) and used the Radar Cruise on a couple of occasions through the average speed zones, without any issues.

On Monday I tried the engage the Radar Cruise again but an error message flashed up on the dash stating ‘Radar Cruise Control Unavailable’, along with the yellow triangle. I just assumed it was because the front of my car was covered in flies and thought nothing of it. 
I washed the car last night and just attempted to use the Radar Cruise again but the same error message appears. Normal cruise works fine. 

Everything looks spotless at front so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas before I bothered the dealer tomorrow? 

3 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Any OBD2 codes?

Without those it's just complete guesswork.

Thanks for the reply Herbie. Unfortunately I don’t have an ODB2 tool to look for an error code. What do people recommend ?

1 hour ago, F.A. said:

Thanks for the reply Herbie. Unfortunately I don’t have an ODB2 tool to look for an error code. What do people recommend ?

You can't do better than a laptop with Techstream, which is the same diagnostic software used in Lexus dealerships. You would also need a miniVCI cable to connect the laptop to the car and one like this, for instance, comes with a pirated copy of Techstream. Of course, we can't be seen to condone the use of pirate software so the correct way would be to download it from here and then pay for a block of time to use it (€5 for a day). Either way, you would still need that miniVCI cable whatever you choose to do.

If you don't want to go down that route, I would imagine that almost any code reader would do.

• 3 weeks later...

I do have same problem on my ls600h 2008 , and i FIX the problem , it s very cheap and easy enough , that problem usually come from you brake switch and is located somewhere under dash at your brake pedal , i buy this switch from Lexus garage in Dublin ( about 35 eu vat included ) and only take 10 minutes to fix ...hope this help 

ps. your brake switch does 2 jobs 

1. brake lights 

2. cruise control 

Regards

Thanks for your message and advice. 
My car was booked in for the dealer to investigate this problem, as the car is still under warranty. Fortunately in the meantime it started working again during, another motorway journey and has been fine ever since. I will keep an eye on it and get it book back it should the message reappear. 

Unfortunately my ODB2 reader arrived shortly after the car fixed itself so I was unable to check for any error codes.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F.A. said:

Unfortunately my ODB2 reader arrived shortly after the car fixed itself so I was unable to check for any error codes.

They should be stored as historic codes if you're curious.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I have exactly same problem ... can you share what the dealer said about it ?

On 8/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, F.A. said:

Thanks for your message and advice. 
My car was booked in for the dealer to investigate this problem, as the car is still under warranty. Fortunately in the meantime it started working again during, another motorway journey and has been fine ever since. I will keep an eye on it and get it book back it should the message reappear. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links