Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2014 Used GS 300h Hybrid Battery Pack Life

Hello friends, 

I am about to purchase a used 2014 GS300h from a Lexus Dealer. I am concerned about the Hybrid Bartery Life and price for replacement. The vehicle has 42000 miles on the clock. 
Should I worry and what to expect from this car? Are they reliable? 

I will appreciate any owner's experience with any problems related to this vehicle. 

Kind Regards! 

I don't know about the GS specifically but there are many RXs, Toyota Prius's and so on with over 200,000 miles on the clock and still using the same Battery.

You can have a Hybrid Health Check done every year (currently £59 as a stand-alone service) and as long as the Battery passes the tests, Lexus will warranty it for another 12 months, when you can do it again. You can carry this on until the car is 15 years old.

In other words, the hybrid batteries are very reliable.

The GS series III (2006-2011) has been know to have rare problems with the hybrid Battery but I've not heard of a single failure on the series IV (2012-2019).

As above from Herbie, Lexus will provide a 15 year warranty on the Battery provided you have a check every 10k miles/12 months (whichever comes first).

14 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

A Lexus Dealer I hope?

22 hours ago, ThePraetorian said:

Hello friends, 

I am about to purchase a used 2014 GS300h from a Lexus Dealer. 

• Like 1

No reported issues with 2012+ Gs450h or gs300h. 

however 2006-2010 Gs has has plenty of their Battery packs replaced. It’s a known problem with internal TSB. 

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is used as a taxi, approximately 150000miles now, no hybrid Battery issue's however the Battery cooling ducts must be cleaned as they get clogged up. I have a how to posted here somewhere, I think it's under hybrid cooling or something similar 

Found it

• 1 year later...
41 minutes ago, AlxndrIv said:

Well, my gs300h is being used as a taxi as well and it has 115000 miles, I had the p0a80 error 4 times already, will be looking for a replacement battery soon. 

Well, maybe you've done a great many low speed miles?  But, I've heard good things about the member whom posted immediately above you in this thread - so you may do well to get a quote from them (as well as others)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Illogan said:

Well, maybe you've done a great many low speed miles?  But, I've heard good things about the member whom posted immediately above you in this thread - so you may do well to get a quote from them (as well as others)

I keep recommending Richard, one of our Members.

• Like 1

Yep, strongly recommend Richard, extremely professional and a nice guy.
My hybrid Battery went at 170k and he replaced it for £2.2k, must be nearly 4 years ago and I've not had a single issue single. 

There was a cheaper option at just under £2k and you could get it reconditioned for around £700.

• Like 1