Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help VSC Off/VSC light's on, without EML

Greetings, every time so far when I've been writing something in here i was geting qucik and quality reapond as aways,for witch I'm grateful. But hers ones more i have to ask this from the topic. When I've sort out my p1651, reset the ECU, removed the VSC light's with the bridge wire on  the OBD port, everything was great and after 4 day's it happen that. The VSC Off/VSC lights came on. Plugged my scanner and i didn't find any fault codes, but i notice when i was checking the vehicle the ABS light was flashing. Then the VSC/ABS lights start flashing rapidly. So far with my research I've found that it maid be a faulty ABS sensor. What i found also was that not the sensor is failing and is the wire...Anyway if it was that, i supose i should of get the VSC light straight away if it was a wire. So to head on the right direction i would love to hear some advices. That light is not going to stay on that dash... And one more thing, since when i clear the VSC light with the wire Bridge into the OBD port and it goes off for a couple of days. Is it going to be ok to do that simple procedure every time when i get the VSC light? Is it going to harm in any kind the ECU? Also I've seen that i can do the reseting of the VSC light from the engine bay, does it has any differences from where I'm doing the reseting? Any help would be appreciated alot, thanks. 

If the VSC control is turned off  then the VSC OFF indicator light comes ON.

First of all check that the Battery voltage is between 10 and 12 v. If the voltage falls below 10v especially when cranking, VSC OFF will come ON.

Check that the Skid control ecu is securely connected. Check the harness for any damage. Look for corroded or bent pins.

Check that the VSC switch operates correctly using a multimeter.

Check the CAN communication system.

Check that you have a good ground at the skid control ecu.

Chris.

Thanks Chris, I'll do those checks this weekend for sure. I came a crosse to a steering angle sensor that might be the problem and trigger the VSC light off. I remember when i was purchasing the car that I've bought the car with the fault code p1651, but the guy was mentioning something about steering angle sensor. I didn't payed attention to that since the fault code was for a diffrent thing. But anyway does it have a way how to diagnose the steering angle sensor and where exactly is located. I do actually feel the steering a bit loose, but i belive that is from my tie rods end, witch they gonna be changed this weekend. If my steering it's still kind of loose, i maid look into that steering angle sensor. Thanks

Have been reading lately and have found something called-Zero Point Calibration. Since it's saying that is taking 15min around, obviously it's much more difrent then the reseting what i have been doing. I'll do that later and I'll share what happened. I'll apply a pic below as well. 

Screenshot_20210722_141634_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Whenever you replace any VSC components or do a front wheel alignment you need to clear the zero point calibration data and calibrate the yaw rate and acceleration sensor zero point.

It is very easy to do the calibrations using the Techstream or any other diagnostic tool capable of doing so. All instructions and settings are in the Techstream or the diagnostic tool and you just follow the instructions.

Chris.

Yea that's right, but my diagnostic tool is not capable of that. So the only way how i can calibrate/reset at is when i bridge the Ts and CG pins with a wire bridge. The problem is that the VSC light is coming back after a couple of days. But i belive it will be sort at soon. I'll clear at again and if it comes back again I'll check the steering angle sensor. 

On my 2000 (reg Jan 2001) GS300 I used this guys method of removing the VSC lights.  Must be two weeks ago and not come on since. 

Yesterday I noticed my Engine Management Light was on, after a thirty mile trip to Colchester. Day before I had removed the Cam belt Cover and Main engine cover and brushed off dust or Saharan sand which seemed to be what was on the engine.  Did I perhaps dislodge the Solenoid valve cable? I'll look today.  Question: As my OBD2 port is inoperative I had to use the Diagnostic Port under the bonnet as this chaps VSC removal method. Is there a link anywhere to tell me how to get codes from the Diagnostic Port in the Engine bay??  I want to find out what the error code is, rather thanm just disconnecting the Battery which I have read somewhere will remove the code?