Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 300h 2014 retrofit NX 300h 2018 Navi and big screen.

Hello Guys 

So I got wide screen + head unit + arm rest touchpad big one from one friends breaking NX 2018 but wiring is not there can I retrofit and where can I find wiring because screen wirings are different. Any suggestions or point me to good service. 

it might fit, will it work is another matter. Recently, whilst browsing on AutoTrader I did see a 2014 NX with a larger screen. I don't think it was the official Lexus one, rather an Android clone. 

Have you taken the screen off to look at the connections? 

The andoid clones are not only far easier to retrofit, because they specifically designed to fit old vehicle with old wiring, but as well they are far far superior than newer Lexus system i.e. they support apple Car Play and android Auto, they have native google maps which are more accurate and native traffic alert feature which is just on another level from Lexus Navigation. 

In short, what I am saying - trying to buy newer model (facelift) sat-nav is little bit pointless, because it not only going to cost far more, it is incompatible and inferior in function to relatively cheap Chinese android clones.

Now since you have bought it already I don't know what to suggest, you either need to find the correct wiring, or you need to find diagrams for wiring and somebody who can make it (if you can't do it yourself). I have looked into my archive of Lexus workshop manuals and wiring diagrams, but I don't have one for facelift Lexus NX. Other option - you can try selling it and buying android copy which not only going to work, but it will be cheaper and better.

Yup , android will be easy and cheap .. but I got parts for free only need wiring and harness and some one good who knows how to do it 🙂 tomorrow I have full lexus service in London woodford I will ask then if its possible. 

Thanks guys 

On 7/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, Stoyan said:

Yup , android will be easy and cheap .. but I got parts for free only need wiring and harness and some one good who knows how to do it 🙂 tomorrow I have full lexus service in London woodford I will ask then if its possible. 

Thanks guys 

I’d be surprised if they say anything other than no. 

19 hours ago, Dylanlewis2000 said:

I’d be surprised if they say anything other than no. 

They say not, but mechanic say to me its possible just need new harness loom for that . Hmmm 

1 hour ago, Stoyan said:

They say not, but mechanic say to me its possible just need new harness loom for that . Hmmm 

Is it worth ripping out the loom of your working car, to put something in, which may or may not work for the sake of a larger screen? Only you can answer that, but if it was me, I would look at selling the larger screen on eBay, along with any other bits, and put the proceeds towards one of those Android head units. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links