Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How many MPG are you getting with your NX 2018 year onwards?

Could owners of the NX model years 2018 onwards please tell me what they personally are getting in MPG? I just want to get an idea of what the approximate average might be for local running around and longer motorway journeys. I know it's been mentioned on here but a search for NX MPG came up blank!

Also I would be looking to buy a Luxury or Premier or whatever they now call the later models. (Luxury would be fine for me but I would have to forgo the memory driver's seat positions and that's the only reason why a Premier would be a consideration. Also when did the specification names change to NX,  F-Sport and Takumi?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Could owners of the NX model years 2018 onwards please tell me what they personally are getting in MPG? I just want to get an idea of what the approximate average might be for local running around and longer motorway journeys. I know it's been mentioned on here but a search for NX MPG came up blank!

Also I would be looking to buy a Luxury or Premier or whatever they now call the later models. (Luxury would be fine for me but I would have to forgo the memory driver's seat positions and that's the only reason why a Premier would be a consideration. Also when did the specification names change to NX,  F-Sport and Takumi?

You are going to get over 40 mpg overall from what I have read. Considering what you are going to pay for 2018 car I would think you will be satisfied - especially compared with your GS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffL said:

I have recorded brim to brim fuelling from day 1 with my NX Luxury (April 2018).You should easily achieve 40+ mpg overall. My best recorded is 46mpg and worst 30mpg with a mix of city and longer distance journeys. Consumption is always higher in winter temperatures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got 49mpg on a long drive back from devon a few weeks ago, weather was fine but no need for the aircon, speed were kept to legal speeds etc tyre pressure was 2.7bar. Around town I see 39mpg. Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry if this is off topic, but did Lexus make any changes to the efficiency of the engine for the updated NX in 2017 / 18? I have a 2016 NX and I am seeing an average of 36 MPG over the last 8000 miles. That is the computer read out, so I am sure the real MPG will be nearer 32.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, IainL said:

Sorry if this is off topic, but did Lexus make any changes to the efficiency of the engine for the updated NX in 2017 / 18? I have a 2016 NX and I am seeing an average of 36 MPG over the last 8000 miles. That is the computer read out, so I am sure the real MPG will be nearer 32.

I’m pretty sure they Sid. I remember having an early NX in loan and then a newer shape and distinctly remember feeling it was less ‘drones’ when pushed. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, unclepoo said:

I got 49mpg on a long drive back from devon a few weeks ago, weather was fine but no need for the aircon, speed were kept to legal speeds etc tyre pressure was 2.7bar. Around town I see 39mpg. Hope this helps. 

Hi. Why 2.7 bar? Seems high.

According to 'fuelly' my average on my 2018 NX over 16,000 miles is 41.5mpg. This is mainly mixed motoring.

There is a big diffence beween summer and winter in my MPG. 36-38 is my winter average, with 42 - 45 in summer.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. Very interesting and acceptable consumption figures. I appreciate we will all attain different consumption figures as driving styles will vary and lots of other variants but it gives me a good idea of what to expect. Thank you again 😀

Regarding the tyre pressure at 2.7 bar.....I looked at the pressure guide on the door pillar. 2.7 bar is recommended for fully loaded at high speed driving. I had 300 miles to drive, all motorway.  For everyday driving, I set the pressures to 2.2 bar. 

• Thanks 2

I get 35-42mpg.

Normal mode in town (50% of my driving), Sports mode on M-Way and A-roads.

Blu-Earth Yokohama tyres (hate them, but they are supposed to be good economy wise)

Climate control is on all the time

I drive with enjoyment rather than economy in mind.

• Like 1

Recently changed from IS300 h ( ave 53 mpg ) to NX 300 and I’m pleased in am getting 43 mpg on average. I ha dad heard you wouldn’t get near 40 mpg , but I am easily doing over that with mixes urban motorway driving 

• Like 1

Surely it doesn’t make sense to compare different mpg figures? Different cars, different days, different journeys, different drivers, different conditions, etc. Quite apart from mpg discussions being about the most boring threads on LOC.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Surely it doesn’t make sense to compare different mpg figures? Different cars, different days, different journeys, different drivers, different conditions, etc. Quite apart from mpg discussions being about the most boring threads on LOC.

You don't have to contribute or even read them Paul 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I quite agree as so many factors will have an impact on fuel consumption. I have never bothered to make the calculations, but I'm guessing that a difference of a few miles to the gallon is not going to make a huge monetary difference unless you cover huge miles. Personally, I think enjoyment comes first.

1 hour ago, DanD said:

I quite agree as so many factors will have an impact on fuel consumption. I have never bothered to make the calculations, but I'm guessing that a difference of a few miles to the gallon is not going to make a huge monetary difference unless you cover huge miles. Personally, I think enjoyment comes first.

I so agree with this. There is much more to driving than obsessing about fuel consumption. I’d rather be out there driving my car.

• Like 1

I have a November 2018 NX 300h Luxury and reset the MPG on day 2.

I have now done 1100 miles in exactly 2 months since taking it over and odo today is 14703.

The two months average is shown as 39.3 and an M4 motorway journey of 80 miles each way has been done 4 times now has consistently presented 44-46 MPG as journey figures since start each time and speed is held at 65-70-75.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

It’s been a while since this was actually posted on here but I feel I should still reply as it may help somebody.   I’ve owned a 2018 NX300h for the last four years.   Around town I manage no more than 31MPG.   We recently drove into southern France from the UK.   The car had a full boot of stuff and four people and we did no more than 18MPG all the way. We run Michelin X climate 2 tyres all round.   So if your intention is short journeys this car makes sense.  For long trips and fast motorway driving, steer well clear unless you have deep pockets.   

IMG_8990.jpeg

6 hours ago, Tom H said:

It’s been a while since this was actually posted on here but I feel I should still reply as it may help somebody.   I’ve owned a 2018 NX300h for the last four years.   Around town I manage no more than 31MPG.   We recently drove into southern France from the UK.   The car had a full boot of stuff and four people and we did no more than 18MPG all the way. We run Michelin X climate 2 tyres all round.   So if your intention is short journeys this car makes sense.  For long trips and fast motorway driving, steer well clear unless you have deep pockets.   

IMG_8990.jpeg

Wow that's not great. If you see my earlier post under this thread my four years with a NX 300h resulted in an overall consumption of 40mpg+. Best ever was 46mpg and worst 30mpg between refuelling. The dashboard indicator wasnt all that accurate and my figures came from brim to brim fill ups. Are you always driving in Sport mode? I rarely used this and switched between Normal and Eco.

Winter tyres not helping.  Temperature is -3c and the car is fully loaded.    Hybrid system not useful for long motorway trips at circa 80mph.   It was a mixture of sport mode and normal.    It’s great around town though.