Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to UX.

Pick up my UX Takumi Monday, can't wait...... Was fed up with the CT, wondering if my Cat would still be there when I returned, even with the Dealer Cat Loc fitted. Shame its a nice Car! but onwards and upwards 😃

14 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Still will have the CAT 'anxiety' though, as that model has higher ground clearance? 

I don't believe ground clearance is an issue. The gangs have large trolley jacks and jack the vehicles over on one side.

Agreed but my point was going from a CT to the UX because of CAT theft is not really an improvement. Both cars have CATs both as vulnerable. Which is why I thought the OP had gone fully electric with a UXe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Agreed but my point was going from a CT to the UX because of CAT theft is not really an improvement. Both cars have CATs both as vulnerable.

The CT is a target and the UX isn't. The UX uses a less precious cat and it's somewhat difficult to get to the front of it compared to the CT so I'd say the risk has certainly been reduced.

Outside of that the UX is a nice upgrade on the CT in terms of ride, power and refinement 🙂 

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

Outside of that the UX is a nice upgrade on the CT in terms of ride, power and refinement 🙂 

100%  agreed. I had a CT a couple of times as a loan car and thought it very 'un-Lexus like' IMHO, so much so I made the point of stating not to give me another!

I think one might be crediting the thieves with far too intelligence, They see a hybrid, they see what they believe to be a 'better' CAT. It may be more awkward to get at in the UX but that would just result in more damage trying to get it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So we have a un-Lexus type car.

Think it is just great. Has a lot of quality I never experienced in ano other car (mostly because of the ML audio). Seat fit fine and automatically adjusted to me as soon as I touch the car handle and I spend much time sitting in the car listening to music when wife and little one are shopping (am not the shopping loving type); no other car we previous have had has air-condition while engine not running and that is needed here where temperature seldom is below 25°C and sun is shining most of the year, plus the audio is really good. Have a top of the range B&O home with a huge sub and the ML is better, maybe because the smaller volume in the car than in the living room. Not many car audio systems can play the double bass from Niels Henning Ørsted Pedersen half as good.

Have never been in another Lexus so maybe it is correct. Have had many cars more expensive (the worst was the MB 300SEL 6.3 (in price and fuel consumption)) but in it was only a Becker radio that could receive the whole world in longwave, mediumwave and shortwave and did not sound bad then. Or maybe the good old days are only good when they are gone.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

So we have a un-Lexus type car.

Sorry never intended to offend or insult any CT owners. Car choice is a very personal thing and I did say IMHO 😟

39 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Sorry never intended to offend or insult any CT owners. Car choice is a very personal thing and I did say IMHO 😟

No problem whatsoever.

When I get a chance to get into another Lexus model I will try to find out what you mean. Is the audio better in them?

The seats probably could be softer and for some more comfortable but the automatic adjustment in the CT fit my body well. Compared with the MB that cost several times more I think to remember that seats were a bit more for heavier / larger persons while the seats in the CT are better for a reasonably fit person. The synthetic leather could be better, but seats are ventilated (can be heated as well but that is really not needed here) while the very expensive MB only had the option to heat the seats.

Next service in a couple of months I will see if Toyota has a Lexus I can try. There is no dedicated Lexus service here.

I had one of the first UX’s off the boat in March 2019 and never regretted it. Much easier getting in and out which was the main reason for buying it. It is my 6th new Lexus and have ordered another due next month. Having a Takumi (raided the holiday fund as it is not been used) every new car since the IS Premier in 2007 I have lost 1 or 2 gadgets each time so back to the top. 
After 4 white cars having Sonic Titanium, big step for me 😂

12 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

No problem whatsoever.

When I get a chance to get into another Lexus model I will try to find out what you mean. Is the audio better in them?

The seats probably could be softer and for some more comfortable but the automatic adjustment in the CT fit my body well. Compared with the MB that cost several times more I think to remember that seats were a bit more for heavier / larger persons while the seats in the CT are better for a reasonably fit person. The synthetic leather could be better, but seats are ventilated (can be heated as well but that is really not needed here) while the very expensive MB only had the option to heat the seats.

Next service in a couple of months I will see if Toyota has a Lexus I can try. There is no dedicated Lexus service here.

The CT cars I experienced had the standard audio and sounded acceptable if a bit 'thin'. The standard audio in my pre-facelift RC300h was better and the ML in my facelifted RC300h is really very good indeed.

I agree about the seats. Those on the Merc tend to be for the larger framed person. That said I loved the Dynamic seats in my AMG, especially the way the bolsters would inflate and deflate to add support during spirited cornering!

The Sport seats in my RC are very supportive and seem to fit my back length perfectly, the leather is very supple. The seats in the CT were harder but still supportive but were flatter, if that makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

The CT cars I experienced had the standard audio and sounded acceptable if a bit 'thin'. The standard audio in my pre-facelift RC300h was better and the ML in my facelifted RC300h is really very good indeed.

I agree about the seats. Those on the Merc tend to be for the larger framed person. That said I loved the Dynamic seats in my AMG, especially the way the bolsters would inflate and deflate to add support during spirited cornering!

The Sport seats in my RC are very supportive and seem to fit my back length perfectly, the leather is very supple. The seats in the CT were harder but still supportive but were flatter, if that makes sense. 

The seats in your AMG were not from a 1970 car?

Richard,

Great to hear you are changing to a 2021 model & a higher spec too.

I would advise fitting front & rear Dash Cam as driving standards continue to decline !

I am confident you will experience positive changes based on my new NX v my 2019 model.

The Factory ACP is much better

The ride is significantly smoother as my tyre pressures have reduced 11%

The MPG is 10% better on E5 petrol but only 5% on E10.

Radar Road Sign accuracy is 100% to date.

Slow speed Eco is now accompanied by a " disc pad scraping sound " to alert peeps the car is in motion.

Enjoy 

Tel

• Like 1

I had a 2009 IS250 which was wonderful. On changing I tried the CT200 but the suspension/seat setup was much too hard and unforgiving for me and the poor UK roads. Even the IS300h I found uncomfortable so I ended up with a Mercedes C200 with the air suspension option. It's the most comfortable ride I've experienced this side of a Jaguar XJ6. But, and it's a big but, the Mercedes reliability and service I've experienced has been terrible compared with Lexus and Honda. Not since the early 1980s have I worried about whether a car would get me to my destination! Now I'd like something smaller and a little higher and the UX250h Takumi seems to hit the spot. Unfortunately I won't be able to get a test drive until late this year so won't know until then whether the suspension/seat setup will suit my aging back and hip. Most who have driven a UX find it comfortable so I'm hopeful it'll suit me even if I have to change the tyres to something more forgiving than run-flats. But I understand run-flat sidewalls aren't so stiff as they were and the UX 18" tyres are reasonably high profile.

9 minutes ago, Tel said:

Factory ACP

Tel, maybe it's still too early on a Monday morning for my brain to function but I've tried and failed to decipher the "ACP" acronym. Could you enlighten me please?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Roger Bill said:

I had a 2009 IS250 which was wonderful. On changing I tried the CT200 but the suspension/seat setup was much too hard and unforgiving for me and the poor UK roads. Even the IS300h I found uncomfortable so I ended up with a Mercedes C200 with the air suspension option. It's the most comfortable ride I've experienced this side of a Jaguar XJ6. But, and it's a big but, the Mercedes reliability and service I've experienced has been terrible compared with Lexus and Honda. Not since the early 1980s have I worried about whether a car would get me to my destination! Now I'd like something smaller and a little higher and the UX250h Takumi seems to hit the spot. Unfortunately I won't be able to get a test drive until late this year so won't know until then whether the suspension/seat setup will suit my aging back and hip. Most who have driven a UX find it comfortable so I'm hopeful it'll suit me even if I have to change the tyres to something more forgiving than run-flats. But I understand run-flat sidewalls aren't so stiff as they were and the UX 18" tyres are reasonably high profile.

I’m very fussy about ride comfort and I found a recent UX250H with 18” runflats to be comfortable enough for me. It’s a personal thing of course but thought I’d mention my experience. I too find the CT and various 3rd generation IS saloons to be a little too hard on the road.

11 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

I’m very fussy about ride comfort and I found a recent UX250H with 18” runflats to be comfortable enough for me. It’s a personal thing of course but thought I’d mention my experience. I too find the CT and various 3rd generation IS saloons to be a little too hard on the road.

Thanks Paul that's reassuring and good to know.

• Like 1

ACP is apple Car Play & AVS is available on the UX & Significantly improves the F- Sport driving experience so you initially feel as though your tyres are under inflated.

If I fitted my new NX with Michelin tyres I believe the ride/hadling/comfort would be a tad too soft as I love spirited driving.

AVS on the NX is really impressive since extensive upgrade in 2018 .I assume the UX AVS is similarly excellent.

Tel

26 minutes ago, Tel said:

ACP is Apple Car Play & AVS is available on the UX & Significantly improves the F- Sport driving experience so you initially feel as though your tyres are under inflated.

If I fitted my new NX with Michelin tyres I believe the ride/hadling/comfort would be a tad too soft as I love spirited driving.

AVS on the NX is really impressive since extensive upgrade in 2018 .I assume the UX AVS is similarly excellent.

Tel

Thanks Tel, really useful info as always. When the time comes I'll need to try both a UX Takumi and a UX F Sport with AVS. But as I need the Takumi for some options the F Sport with the Takumi option will be more expensive but, as I now keep cars for six years, I might just be able to justify the cost to my other half if she likes the UX.

I think when I replaced the tyres on my IS250 it was with Michelins. They were noticeably quieter than the OEM Bridgestones, lasted really well and were perhaps a little more compliant. Can't remember too well as it was about 10 years ago.

18 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

At least you service the CT with Toyota prices instead of more expensive Lexus ones. 

There are no Lexus cars among the new there and the used cars are not where the service is made; they have invoices with Lexus printed on them. Last service 60.000 km did cost more than 1000 € so if that is cheap then I am sorry for you guys in UK. Guess most of the parts are from their Prius cars, but maybe they charge extra when Lexus is written on the car.

Could of course go to neighbouring island Tenerife as there they have a Lexus workshop next to their Toyota. 60 km plus a ferry about an hour I think. Maybe faster now.